making friends (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Join some clubs.
In all seriousness this is legitimately a fantastic way. Also tutorials are a great place to strike up conversation with new people, just ask for their Facebook or something and take it from there.

If you're after a group of 'close' uni friends the easy way is to hang around an already formed group from time to time and see where it goes!

HSC
In all seriousness this is legitimately a fantastic way. Also tutorials are a great place to strike up conversation with new people, just ask for their Facebook or something and take it from there.

If you're after a group of 'close' uni friends the easy way is to hang around an already formed group from time to time and see where it goes!
Your close uni friends are usually the ones where you are all in the same classes together as opposed to those you see maybe one class a week. In engineering, you are in the same tutorials/labs/lectures with the same people for the first 3 years which definitely helps.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Can't believe there's a thread on "making friends", I swear people on this forum are really socially handicapped... makes me cringe reading these posts

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
'Hey, mind if I sit here?' Sit next to them, follow up with 'I'm ____ btw, how are you finding the course so far?'

lgnorance

HSC
"anyone here want to challenge me and my cuzzies in arm wrestling?" shout it across the room and guarantee you'll get a response.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
The standard ice breaker the first couple classes is 'Is this x class?'. Basically everyone is in the same boat as you and should be pretty willing to at least exchange pleasantries with you. If not, talk to someone else.
Haha, this works :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)