making an impression (1 Viewer)

Panka

HSC
Oh i can't wait till this weekend i have this party and there are going to be guys that i have never met before and i want to make an impression but i don't know how. help!

pmr_123

HSC
i can understand that you want to make an impression, but really you should be yourself, if you try too hard you'll simply come across desperate and too strong, be casual, don't overdress (by that i mean too tarty)...
talk to people, and just start casual conversations...
you'll be fine, if you're yourself then people tend to like you more, you seem more genuine

Panka

HSC
Thnkx that really bosts my confindence its just that i dunno... i act stupid around guys

pmr_123

HSC
thats ok, just think, the boys are probably sitting around doing the same thing, thinking there are going to be some new girls there...
they're probably as nervous as you are

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
you're the same person that started the 'How to get a bf' thread a while back..

jeez. you think about things too much. don't try so hard.
if you're that worried about it you must be pretty desperate
i once heard that you shouldn't go around with the intention of finding a bf cause it makes you look desperate. like, no shit really
instead be open and friendly. make an effort to get to know guys and hope that eventually, one MAY lead you to a relationship

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Panka, your nervousness is perfectly understandable, but you need to be yourself for a guy to like you for who you are. Don't think of every guy as a potential boyfriend. Talk to them like you would talk to anyone.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
I say, be as stupid as you like. Make a bad impression, so when you're being normal and cool, people who already liked the bad impression you will like the good impression you even better. If that makes sense... Well, it made sense in my head...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bernz said:
I say, be as stupid as you like. Make a bad impression, so when you're being normal and cool, people who already liked the bad impression you will like the good impression you even better. If that makes sense... Well, it made sense in my head...
fitst impressions last so it's unlikely she would be able to reverese their thoughts

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
Don't go to the party, you'll make a fool of yourself if you're thinking like this.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Just be yourself.
Be confident.
Talk.
Dont dress like a slut.
Theyll think your easy.
Perhaps a touch of flirtration.
DONT get trashed.
If you do, make up for it by secksy dancing on the nearest table.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Lundy said:
turn up nakey
that always gets people's attention!

honestly though, this dude you like... don't hang around him all night. grab yourself a drink, hang out with your mates. have a chat with him through the evening a bit, just be yourself. if you know he has a specific interest that might be the way to get a conversation going. don't turn bitchy and whinge about so and so at the party, or how one of your friends is giving you the shits at the moment. try to be happy and friendly and stuff.
towards the end of the night get a trusted friend to sus it out for you and for him/her to go talk to him about it. get someone subtle.

hey, you never know, there might be a really awesome guy there who's better than the one you like right now so keep your options open. oh and don't overdo the makeup and clothes thing, guys can tell when you've slathered on 3cm of foundation and huge black circles around your eyes with eyeliner.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
Haha, go naked or be yourself. Or go naked and be yourself.

Nam - Made an impression towards this girl on Monday by accidentally falling down a flight of stairs. I started talking to her an hour later at lunch in the city, lol.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
iambored said:
fitst impressions last so it's unlikely she would be able to reverese their thoughts
I wasn't suggesting she reverse their thoughts, I was suggesting she get people to like her at her least likeable so they like her even better when she's more likeable... Tell me if that still doesn't make sense.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ok:
- dress nicely (no slutty oufits, not too much makeup)
- dont hang around the guys all night and flirt like mad with them all because it will just make you look stupid. talk, make friendly conversation with everybody, and dont withdraw into yourself no matter how shy you are (trust me on this) because you may come across as cold or standoffish and no guy is going to want to come up and talk to you. be animated.
- be yourself!!!!! :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bernz said:
I wasn't suggesting she reverse their thoughts, I was suggesting she get people to like her at her least likeable so they like her even better when she's more likeable... Tell me if that still doesn't make sense.
i think i get you , i didn' realise you wanted them to like her from the start

but what i mean is that whatever the first impression is, even if she changes people are not likely to see that very clearly, they will still have their thoguhts hazed over from the first impression, so aren't likely to 'like her more' - just to think she is acting differently but it's not the real her because it's not the first impression she made.

anyway good luck panka! be yourself, just have fun, make coversation, you can't go wrong if you are having fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)