Major Project 2005 (1 Viewer)

Trev

stix
HSC
karen88 said:
apparently our school, for our multimedia major project is doing either a website or powerpoint presentation on a school subject, and it has to be interative and creative!!! its like what the??
What is wrong with this assessment? You should be glad you have been given such an easy task!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
my assessment i have at the moment requires so much work
i cant imagine how bad my major project is gonna be... :( :eek:

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
We did a multimedia project which had to be a website or powerpoint about fish.

We made this fancy-shmancy looking website (well, i made the website, and my group members filled it in with everything), and our mascot was an 8-bit monochrome gif we found of a dopy looking fish. That fish appeared on every page of the site. Oh the hilarity! But boy, did it pwn.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Huratio said:
why isn't there a 'project work' sub-thread?
lol, project work is hardly a topic on its own, its rarely examined on its own in the HSC exam, usually tied into another topic. Its more like, the support for other topics.

Its like having a supermarket isle dedicated to margarine. ;)

Trev

stix
HSC
Murf said:
hmm im starting mi ipt major project now... its due in 19 weeks so i thought i better start....

im really stuck on ideas i wanna do a communications system but im not sure what i could do...?????????????? ne ideas ne one lol

murf
So Murf, you have 19 weeks, and you thought you should start at 2.44am?
Hmmm.....

tigergal

Wests Tigers Supporter
HSC
For my major work, I am just doing a database for a statistician sort of person to put in the stats from all Wests Tigers games and making a website for the fans to see all the stats. It is so good, means i can actually have legitimate reasons of covering my website in pictures of my favourite players and I can go on the forum and stuff..im fine with the whole making of website and database, im just a bit worried about the documentation.

goan_crazy

HSC
i get my major project only next term, due week 8 next term :eek:

Winx

HSC
Stuff

Dang...tip to all doing ur major...don't leave it to the last minute...my thing is due in 3 weeks, and I'm supposed to do 50pg of documentation. I know I was given this thing about 5 months ago...but hehe...currently I have about 3. Actually, im doing a multimedia thingy...just some flash with random swirly things floating across the page or something...its like an electronic menu for a restaurant.

Btw...I know you tigergal don't I...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
*hands in IPT major work*

phew.. 19 weeks, one hugemungous relational database and 30 pages of documentation later and im done :D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i handed in my project just on monday.

video store database
diary/journal: 11 pages
implementation plan: 3 pages
manual/user documentation: 28 pages
report: 15 pages
diagrams: 4 pages.
=46 pages which cost me 2 allnighters (saturday and sunday night)

goan_crazy

HSC
ive finished my major project
that was due last friday-a week ago
i hope we get the marks back before the end of term
its unlikely we will but

Pace_T

HSC
my first part for major work was due week1. there was many parts. last part was due week7. the teacher made diff due dates because we always leave our assignments till the last nite
it was a stupid thing but, cause when u r late for part 1, it discourages students and they dont bother with the rest (part 1 was like 30% of the assessment score)
70% of the class didn't do the major work
im getting my major work mark back on monday but theres no point im first anyway lol.. and a good result fro mthat is basically worth jack shit when it comes to doing an exam (my one is ne way)
im also getting my marks for topic test on monday aswell
but i stuffed up in that

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I handed mine in today
Powerpoint presentation showing
How to use powerpoint, how to edit audio and how to edit images
Consisting of animated screenshots video, audio and text steps :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
goan_crazy said:
ive finished my major project
that was due last friday-a week ago
i hope we get the marks back before the end of term
its unlikely we will but
nah not for me... i also had an assessable exam on wednesday... + the SDD people had their projects due this week as well (ipt and sdd teacher is the same) --> + i had an IPT assessable exam on wednesday

so i probably won't be expecting either by the end of term.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
I just handed in my IPT major project on multimedia about 25 minutes ago, hahahaha. It's worth 30% of the course and I worked real hard on it (6300 words and 29 pages) but as always, I'll just have to wait until the results come back to see how I went.

Good luck to all of you with your major projects! :)

sleepy_tania

HSC
Man, seems like everyone did so much more work than me on their projects!!! Im ganna get the worst mark ever! I didnt even do much documentation! :-s

It was kinda hard 2 get my project done when we have had NO prac. classes at school and all the prac. stuff we were suppose 2 lear b4 finishing our projects, our teacher is teaching us AFTER we handed in our projects!

I made a website for my project and it was kinda hard, considering i had never used dreamweaver or flash b4. The worst thing was that when I looked at my project on the school computers half the headings wouldnt show up because the school computers are Macs and I did my project on a PC! ARRGGHH!! Not even the backgrounds worked and I put so much work into them!

Im really ganna get a bad mark and i think it was worth 30%! eekkk! lol

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
woohoo! so far half of our major projects have been marked (the practical side) and im out in front by 2 marks! YES! oh the competition between me and another guy in our class is so high and im beating him ARGH it feels so god damn good.... heres to hoping my documentation is better than his

7th Sign

HSC
pfft ...every one in my ipt class makes crazy assignments ....theirs like 8 people all trying to come first....multimedia assignment took me like 80 hours + to do and I only got 94% on it and now this video store crap is sending me crazy trying to link databases to dreamweaver and i will probly on get like 80% probly.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)