Main Round offers?? (1 Viewer)

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Logjammin' said:
I may be wrong, but I believe they just publish the cut-offs, ie the lowest UAI's that were offered places into the courses. Doesn't really make a difference if the student accepts or declines.
every1 that gets a main round offer is put in the paper, regardless of whether they accept, decline or defer. The paper isnt releasing what ppl end up accepting, jus their main offer. And u can only get 1 offer per round

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
kristydolphins said:
every1 that gets a main round offer is put in the paper, regardless of whether they accept, decline or defer. The paper isnt releasing what ppl end up accepting, jus their main offer. And u can only get 1 offer per round
Hoping not to sound like a bimbo, but i finally get it!

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
gah i just wanna know already! like i just want it to be confirmed...

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
Yeah - I never thought I was such an impatient person before...well...before I had to wait for a damn uni offer :angry: . I'm pretty sure that I'm in - but then that dreaded though of 'what happens if some freak accident occurs and you dont get in - huh? huh?' <don't you just hate those voices>

cxlxoxk

HSC
do petrol stations get their copies of next days papers the night before??? really???

moc2009

HSC
N/A
icelillies said:
Yeah - I never thought I was such an impatient person before...well...before I had to wait for a damn uni offer :angry: . I'm pretty sure that I'm in - but then that dreaded though of 'what happens if some freak accident occurs and you dont get in - huh? huh?' <don't you just hate those voices>

But you guys are lucky; you have a good idea if you are getting in or not based on your UAI.

I’m 24 so going as mature age via STAT, even though I have my STAT score the Uni doesn’t tell you what score you need, so I have no idea if I have a chance or not.

Even more annoying is that I live in my apartment with a lease (not with parents) so if I get an offer I have basically 2 weeks to pack up my life, move state and sort everything out – not much notice.

Even more annoying is I applied when UAC applications opened back in September so a long wait.

Even more annoying is that ANU only do offers in the main round.

But the most annoying part, knowing that they have had my STAT results since October and I’m not competing with HSC students so why can’t they tell me early to give me time to sort our things?

I just can’t wait until next week, going out of my mind! lol

Last edited:

TheElite

HSC
kristydolphins said:
That also includes early and preliminary round offers

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
gotta love early entry :)

i am going to be leading a kids camp in the holidays, when uni offers some out :)

Lucky i know I am in

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
moc2009 said:
But you guys are lucky; you have a good idea if you are getting in or not based on your UAI.

I’m 24 so going as mature age via STAT, even though I have my STAT score the Uni doesn’t tell you what score you need, so I have no idea if I have a chance or not.

Even more annoying is that I live in my apartment with a lease (not with parents) so if I get an offer I have basically 2 weeks to pack up my life, move state and sort everything out – not much notice.

Even more annoying is I applied when UAC applications opened back in September so a long wait.

But the most annoying part, knowing that they have had my STAT results since October and I’m not competing with HSC students so why can’t they tell me early to give me time to sort our things?

um you win i guess haha. i still wanna know sooner though :)

peter2

Banned
HSC
hahaha i didnt release my last post would of caused such a stir and such a discussion. I guess I only ever post important crap lol

eb590

HSC
just wondering does anyone know what happens if you are given an offer in the main round and its not what you are expecting. should you accept it, can you still get another offer in the late round? or is it just one offer for each person overall? i got the marks for the course i want, but there is always the 'just in case' factor to it.

danz90

HSC
eb590 said:
just wondering does anyone know what happens if you are given an offer in the main round and its not what you are expecting. should you accept it, can you still get another offer in the late round? or is it just one offer for each person overall? i got the marks for the course i want, but there is always the 'just in case' factor to it.
I would accept any offer in the Main Round, and then rearrange your preferences for the Late and Final rounds.
Maybe contact the institution you're applying for, if you didn't get what you expected.

The 'Just in Case' factor is killing me too..
Today I called up UAC to confirm that my STAT results for Pharmacy have been attached to my application.
The lady said that it says I've done the test, but my results aren't there. Lucky I called up... :rolleyes:
I hope they fix it up in time for Main Round offers..
:uhoh:

moc2009

HSC
N/A
eb590 said:
They say accept it.

In later round you will be considered for any of your offers that are above your accepted offer on your list.

You can accept your offer in the main round and then move your preferences around after also so you might get an offer in the next round.

If you get an offer in the other round you can just withdraw from your accepted offer.

knotsandcrosses

HSC
moc2009 said:

Well you have a stat to go by... i have applied to university because i have completed a diploma in a related course... so i'm pretty nervous too. Though i know my diploma results i dont know if that is good enough for the courses i want to do.. It's really confusing and i don't understand how its going to be done. But i want to find out already!!!

I feel like ive been waiting for ages!!!! >___<

can the 21st wait be quicker please! I feel like its going slow just to spite me.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
do petrol stations get their copies of next days papers the night before??? really???
depends where the petrol station is. usually a paper's first edition is complete early in the evening (like 7pm) and then goes to the printers, so it can be at shops close-ish to the distribution points by late evening.

lou071

HSC
N/A
is the name and received course published on newspaper?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Surname, initials and course code.
(Postcode if necessary to distinguish between identical names)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)