Magic: The Gathering (1 Viewer)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
of course theres exceptions. i.e. artifact lands.

Well, artifact lands don't have a mana cost in the top corner, but yeah. I should have been more precise with my definition of spells, too, so thanks for pointing that out. :)

I_F

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
does anyone wanna buy my ol school cards? have they gone up in price?

wizard the magazine which has prices, has appreciated so much since i used to get it... and its thinner than ever...

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
wwl said:
what i meant was... artifact lands are considered spells...
They do have "[ARTIFACT LAND] isn't a spell" in their text box. That kinda suggests that they're not spells.

I_F

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
insert-username said:
How "old school" are they?

I_F
im not too sure about their series but going through black and red deck, sengir vampires, hymns to tourach, hyponotic specter, frozen shade, order of ebon hand...

got a baron sengir somewhere too...

are they old school?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
They're pretty old. Sounds Fourth Edition at the latest. Hypnotic Specters are worth a good $10-15 now, although this may depend on their condition. Sengir Vampire may get you up to $5, off the top of my head. The others won't get you very much, since they're not in the latest Core Set. :)

I_F

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
serious 10 bucks for spector?
i got birds of paradise somwehere too...

if anyones interested in old cards in mint condition let us know

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
insert-username said:
They're pretty old. Sounds Fourth Edition at the latest. Hypnotic Specters are worth a good $10-15 now, although this may depend on their condition. Sengir Vampire may get you up to $5, off the top of my head. The others won't get you very much, since they're not in the latest Core Set. :)

I_F
mmmmm arent the old cards that are reprinted in the 'n'th editions CHEAPER than the ones that arent reprinted? hymns to tourach and order of ebon hand will get u a nice price, even if they arent in the core set, cos theyre rare to get, and are good in gameplay as well.

say, Orange Juice, how about i have a look through ur old school collection. OH and birds of paradise as well! *dribble* *dribble* lol

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
where can i sell cards? i got spiny starfish as well... now thats a great card thats probably overlooked

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Orange Juice said:
where can i sell cards? i got spiny starfish as well... now thats a great card thats probably overlooked
mmmmmmmmmmm....a horde of 0/1 creatures u say, eh?

personally, i dont think its THAT good (considering its an uncommon), but it will make an interesting and fun non-competitive deck. but then again, for BLUE, creature generation is...RARE. perhaps a late exception is meloku, the illusion cranking machine.

mmmm for a fun deck, it is worth considering. for competitiveness, its a tough call. no.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
mmmmm arent the old cards that are reprinted in the 'n'th editions CHEAPER than the ones that arent reprinted? hymns to tourach and order of ebon hand will get u a nice price, even if they arent in the core set, cos theyre rare to get, and are good in gameplay as well.
You can't play old cards like Hymns to Tourach and ORder of the Ebon Hand in Standard, and as soon as cards rotate out of Standard, their price usually drops. The exception is with cards like the Power 9.

i got birds of paradise somwehere too...
Birds will get you a good price too. :)

I_F

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
mmmmmmmmmmm....a horde of 0/1 creatures u say, eh?

personally, i dont think its THAT good (considering its an uncommon), but it will make an interesting and fun non-competitive deck. but then again, for BLUE, creature generation is...RARE. perhaps a late exception is meloku, the illusion cranking machine.

mmmm for a fun deck, it is worth considering. for competitiveness, its a tough call. no.
nah mate the deck was pretty good as i remmeber... i think it was white and blue... only creatues were spiny starfish and those small white knight type ones... the rest of thecards were artefacts like ivory tower and millstone or counters...

on the other hand the white and green had pretty good cards.. sierra angels, erhnam dijin, autumn willows and stuff...

does anyone know where i can sell my cards?

how much is birds of paradise worth? what about icy manipulators? they were like 15 bucks in my time

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
insert-username said:
You can't play old cards like Hymns to Tourach and ORder of the Ebon Hand in Standard, and as soon as cards rotate out of Standard, their price usually drops. The exception is with cards like the Power 9.

I_F
whats this standard stuff? its a bit after me im assuming

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
"Standard" is the tournament format that contains the last two blocks (at the moment, Champions of Kamigawa and Ravnica) and the current Core Set. It changes every year as one block rotates out and a new one rotates in. This is the most popular tournament format at the moment, and thus card prices are driven by their power in Standard. :)

does anyone know where i can sell my cards?

how much is birds of paradise worth? what about icy manipulators? they were like 15 bucks in my time
You can auction them on eBay, or, more easily, see if you can find a local shop that buys cards and sell them there. Birds should net you about the same as Hypnotic Specter, and Icy Manipulator will get you $2-$3.

I_F

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
3 bucks for icy? mate talk about depreciation... local shops? all mine are asians... and all they sell is msg... does anyone know one in the city?

how much does millstone go for these days?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
mmmm try Mega Games Traders in Top Ryde. However, they only accept mint condition rares for reselling.

if only there was a place to sell commons + no-so-mint-condition uncommons and rares...

and if only u could change paper magic cards to digital magic cards for MTGO...

like Standard, there are other formats as well. Extended (which is restricted to say, 5 blocks), Legacy, Classic...and many many multiplayer options as well, such as Two Headed Giant, Emperor, just to name a few.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ok im for real now, anyone interested in any cards? before i go to some card store and sell em?

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
lol..i used 2 play magic cards...
i hav prob the best cards that were ever made (im not exaggeraatioh):
ive got:
multani, maro sorceror : basically, it's a creature that has power and toughness equal to the number of lands in play. and it cant be the target of spells or abilities and therfore u cant dark banish it (but that itself is a contradiction .....)

then i've got bribery , which is a spell that alllows u to look through ur opponent's deck and put in play any card, under ur control

then i've also got a pretty good combo - phyrexian processor and angelic chorus:
phyrexian is an arifcat where when it comes into play, pay an amount of life..then pay 4 and put in a token with power and toughness equal to the amount of life sacrificed. ...and angelic chorous si an enchantment where u gain life equal to the power of a creature put into play under ur control...MAD!!

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Those cards aren't THAT great. I was never a fan of big hulking creatures; always preferred faster decks. Used to own a red/green land destroy, a blue counter deck and a red burn deck. Good times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)