Low-Powered cars????? (1 Viewer)

mynameisgone

Does any-one hav a car they think would be out revved by a lawnmower...
can anyone beat my awe inspiring 49 kw??

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The volvo is probably lowest of my cars at 55kw, it makes up for it in handling.

Incidently mine (144) is the least powerful of the range, the 142S weighed in at 74kw and things escalate to the range topping 164E (Non-US version) which in 1972 pounded out 130kw.

Last edited:

SlipStream

HSC
I've taken an early-variant MX5 up the local togue and smashed it - the guy was getting oversteer so I assume he was pushing pretty hard. ;) Testament to the importance of weight - even a shitbox with bicycle tyres can handle (only with one person, though... two and it just understeers uselessly) awesomely only because it weighs 700gs. :D

Anyone wanna buy it?? :p

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
At present i'm trying to convince my parent that thier old VY which I'm getting is low powered enough for me.. I would have a chance if dad didn't know cars! Oh well, I will still get it, my sis is just shitty because her corolla doesn't have any power! (Can't wait to drive dad's new Accord, 140kw!!(or something like that, its quite high-powered is all i know) *evil laugh*)

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
38kW. :cool:

My car makes up for it a little by weighing only 700kgs.
you got me by ONE kw....

i think :confused:

7th Sign

HSC
i got some power for you all :D

no this is not my car :D guess what ride...

my car pushed 141 KW

SlipStream

HSC
7th Sign said:
my car pushed 141 KW
Huh?! The stock 2.5L V6 made around 120kW at the flywheel - where did 140kW at the wheels come from?? That's like, around 185kW at the flywheel!

7th Sign

HSC
SlipStream said:
Huh?! The stock 2.5L V6 made around 120kW at the flywheel - where did 140kW at the wheels come from?? That's like, around 185kW at the flywheel!

man my cars not stock...previous owner just said 2 me its 141kw he thinks he got it dynoed lol i dunno but...I need to get it dynoed my self to see for sure....Its got like a ecu upgrade or somethign apparentyl + other shit...

?wha?

HSC
DaddyK said:
meh, fwd + performance = shithouse handling.
more like fwd + performance = wannabe hardcore sh!thead

ppl who drive like heavily modded CHARADES and other bomby cars should be shot IMO

SlipStream

HSC
?wha? said:
more like fwd + performance = wannabe hardcore sh!thead

ppl who drive like heavily modded CHARADES and other bomby cars should be shot IMO
I drive a Charade - it has awesome potential. If I put $5000 into my Charade it'd be faster than my dad's WRX in a straight line. Another $5000 and it'd be quicker than the same car through the spaghetti roads. And that's all up - components, finessing and engineering approval. Sure you can stick $10k into any car and make it fast, but the look on an XR8 or WRX owner's face when they've been erased by a Charade is priceless. The equation sounds like this: CB70 (DOHC EFI 1.0L 3-cyl turbo: 100kW tickled @ 8000rpm) + 600kg semi-stripped Charade = extremely quick. The reason I'm not pursuing this is for one reason: I'd rather a Subaru instead. :cool: But yeh, you've severely underestimated the humble Charade my noob friend.

Daddyk said:
Ahhh but this is not always the case. Often FWDs only handle shit when they're forced to carry a lot of mass. So an AX TX5 done up would be subject to your equation, but aforementioned Charade would not. Same with cars like the Renault Clio Cliosport - far from handling dogs. But you're on the right track, although my interpretation would be "meh, fwd + performance + weight = shithouse handling." ;) :p

7th Sign said:
man my cars not stock...previous owner just said 2 me its 141kw he thinks he got it dynoed lol i dunno but...I need to get it dynoed my self to see for sure....Its got like a ecu upgrade or somethign apparentyl + other shit...
Fair enough, although 140kW @ the wheels sounds wrong, whereas 140kW @ the flywheel sounds much better. Either way it must freaking fly! I was gonna get an AX Telstar TX5 with the 2.5L DOHC V6 and do it up, but changed my mind. Good cars, with a good (if not a little peaky with their torque) engine.

BeastieBoy

HSC
tiny bit over 140kw at the flywheel. it really depends how much power your putting through the front wheels and then its often hard to tell until the absolute limits of grip. the mazda6 will out handle any RWD in its class but year, RWD is better for performance. you do lose more power in the drive train and its more expensive to make though.

7th sign, how have you got your car insured if you don't know what its had done to it? i can't stress how important it is to have your insurer know everything. you can fork out a grand to them every year, then you hit some porsche and they won't pay up because of your aftermarket ECU.

7th Sign

HSC
My dad insured it he knows all about cars he checked it out 100% and sent in the details for me.

Its not even insured for the right amount I have to ring up the insurance company and fix some stuff up with them, its already like $1400 a year .

:rolleyes:

BeastieBoy

HSC
7th Sign said:
My dad insured it he knows all about cars he checked it out 100% and sent in the details for me.

Its not even insured for the right amount I have to ring up the insurance company and fix some stuff up with them, its already like $1400 a year .

:rolleyes:
cool, just making sure your not forking out $1400 a year and not being covered.

7th Sign

HSC
BeastieBoy said:
cool, just making sure your not forking out $1400 a year and not being covered.

nah I am covered for most things I just think the value they have my car down as is way to low...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Remember you can remove alot before an insurer gets their hands on it, a friend of mine did an engine swap before handing it over to be assessed.....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
i thought you were smarter than that!

uh mate, how about an original? like the mini...or the Clio...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)