...Lord Of The Rings... (2 Viewers)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hey can somebody explain/confirm some stuff for me

1/ so aragorn was destined to be king... why didnt he want to be king, and why did he end up king?
2/ eowyn had athing for aragorn, but he had a thing for arwen right?
3/ why was "TTT" called that? my friends said it was because of what the eye was suspended on, but some thing in the paper said it was the allegiance between sauron and saruman... plz explain?

thanks

^___^
HSC
i think Aragorn dun want to be King cos his father or grandfather was the guy that didn't destory the ring..and he kinda felt let down or something...

Two towers..wasn't it because of the tower that other wizard build along with the middle earth tower

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by ...
i think Aragorn dun want to be King cos his father or grandfather was the guy that didn't destory the ring..and he kinda felt let down or something...
Yeah, he felt as though he would make the same mistakes.

Originally posted by babydoll_

Eowyn thought she loved Aragorn, but he only felt pity for her and yeah he loves Arwen. Eowyn meets Faramir and they end up marrying.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Oh yeah, why does Faramir's dad go nuts?
I have to read the book to know that but probably:

a. He assumed both his sons were dead or
b. He wanted to keep the throne of Gondor to himself.

^___^
HSC
was he the guy that tried to defend helm's deep or something and was the arrogant bastard who didn't ask for help?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
3/ why was "TTT" called that? my friends said it was because of what the eye was suspended on, but some thing in the paper said it was the allegiance between sauron and saruman... plz explain?

thanks
It was titled that without a proper explanation, Tolkien didn't divulge what the Two Towers refrenced too, in one letter he said it refrenced it to Minas Morgul and Orthanc and another Orthanc and Baradur in the movie they take the second one.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
technically there was only one.. i dont think the two things sauron was suspended on count as towers

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
last one

why did Frodo have to leave Middle Earth at the end of ROTK?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
He didn't have to he chose to. As to why I dont entirely know but the exposure to the ring when it was at its most powerful probably left him out of touch with all other hobbits.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
TTT - the two towers?
one was saurons one was saruman

there were actually 2 towers... one was the one sauron had control of in mordor(or gondor... i always get that confused)

the second one was the saruman one... which was captured by the goodguys in movie #2... and the tree dudes were guarding it in #3

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Oh yeah, why does Faramir's dad go nuts?
Originally posted by ...
was he the guy that tried to defend helm's deep or something and was the arrogant bastard who didn't ask for help?
faramir's dad (the king of gondor in #3) went nuts cuz his other son died (in the battle at the end of "the fellowship of the ring")

so naturally he would be pissed off and since no one told him till the start of ROTK and that he died in sum crappy melee in the jungle... and that son (the older one) was the heir to the throne...

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
1/ so aragorn was destined to be king... why didnt he want to be king, and why did he end up king?
There is another reason for this...
He saw what power did to a man. How it corrupted.
So he was hesitant.
Aragorn became King simply becuase of his ancestor Isildur
Yeh... Basically, Aragornz a playa :p
As someone said b4, the title refers to the towers of both Sauron and Saruman... Baradur and Orthank
Originally posted by ...
Na... thats Theoden... Faramir's dad is the stuard of Gondor...
another dude :)
In the book Frodo leaves middle earth because of the wound the Nazgul inflicted on him... he was dying from it
So by sailing to the undying lands he would live.
As for Bilbo, he had possession of the Ring for a lengthy period of time
so being a ring bearer himself (along with Frodo) they were accepted by the elves

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dash
As someone said b4, the title refers to the towers of both Sauron and Saruman... Baradur and Orthank
Tolkien also said it could stand for Orthanc and Minas Morgul I think, *goes and watches the extended edition docos again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)