long response question for belonging comprehension (1 Viewer)

HSC
how do you answer these? how do you approach them? do you just merely state what you have said in the previous q's but in different words or do you form an entire new argument?

sam5

HSC
i would like some help for this too.

but i think uv gotta: directly compare and contrast the 2, use quotes, mention techniques and explain how they convey belonging, along with their effects on the responder. U can discuss structure, rhyme schemes, similies, metaphors, tone, style, symbolism, medium of production, text type....(please add more)

I always get really bad marks at these.

yibbon

HSC
N/A
how do you answer these? how do you approach them? do you just merely state what you have said in the previous q's but in different words or do you form an entire new argument?
It's a mini essay. Quick thesis, two paragraphs of new analysis, quick conclusion. Weight the insights/theis/conclusion about 1 mark, and 4 marks for the techniques.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
It's a mini essay. Quick thesis, two paragraphs of new analysis, quick conclusion. Weight the insights/theis/conclusion about 1 mark, and 4 marks for the techniques.
this.

although you'd probably get 2 marks allocated to techniques, and the other two allocated to thematic concerns/explanation + link to the concept of belonging.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
yeah as everyone's already said it's a mini essay, don't expect to write the same amount as the 3-4 markers and get a 7/7. write a substantial amount, show which/how the techniques convey belonging. be specific, give lots of examples. if they say "which text conveys belonging better" (or something to that effect) make sure you go through each text, showing both of their techniques, and then conclude which is better.

and yeah that's all i can think of :eek:

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
yeah as everyone's already said it's a mini essay, don't expect to write the same amount as the 3-4 markers and get a 7/7. write a substantial amount, show which/how the techniques convey belonging. be specific, give lots of examples. if they say "which text conveys belonging better" (or something to that effect) make sure you go through each text, showing both of their techniques, and then conclude which is better.

and yeah that's all i can think of :eek:
Doesnt have to be too long though. You can cover everything needed in about 1 page (A4...not sure abt BOS booklets), i managed to do this in my trial, and thats what teachers recommend too. You can even get away with an intro and conclusion a sentence each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)