Literally failing... What to do? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
Yep I am literally failing my HSC... I wish I could say "Asian-failed" but this is legit fail.
I'm not sure what to do, I feel so demotivated already. :-(
Here are my ranks
Standard English - 80/135
Gen. Maths - 5/75
Biology - 18/40
Chemistry - 25/37
Visual Arts - 9/22
Ancient History - 24/52

As you can tell, I'm terrible with english... What do you guys think I should do? I've tried calculating my ATAR with my half yearly results and received an atar of <30, which pretty much sucks. If I study hardcore right 'till the HSC I might be able to get a 70, but considering how bad I'm with english (no matter how much I study it just does NOT get through into my thick skull), it doesn't seem possible... Should I just repeat or what? I'm pretty sure I can't even get into uni with how I'm doing now...

Aysce

HSC
Yep I am literally failing my HSC... I wish I could say "Asian-failed" but this is legit fail.
Here are my ranks
Gen. Maths - 5/75
Biology - 18/40
Chemistry - 25/37
Visual Arts - 9/22
Ancient History - 24/52

As you can tell, I'm terrible with english... What do you guys think I should do? I've tried calculating my ATAR with my half yearly results and received an atar of <30, which pretty much sucks. If I study hardcore right 'till the HSC I might be able to get a 70, but considering how bad I'm with english (no matter how much I study it just does NOT get through into my thick skull), it doesn't seem possible... Should I just repeat or what? I'm pretty sure I can't even get into uni with how I'm doing now...
What is your school rank by chance? With those ranks, you seem fine in getting 70 (Although I'm no professional in ATAR estimates). No don't repeat, you'll just be wasting a year of your life in which you could've already gone to Tafe/Uni and transferred into the course of your choice. Knuckle down now to make sure you'll get AT LEAST 70.

such_such

HSC
If you're "literally failing" does that mean the other half of your grade who are lower than you also fail?

To be honest, those ranks look pretty good, contrary to what you think for an ATAR >70

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Worse thing you can do is not fail. It is giving up. Keep rowing your boat/boats.

Laughable

HSC
Uh I don't really know what the state rank is but my school is Fairvale High school... We've got a terrible cohort.

@such_such: Pretty much
@SpiralFlex: Thanks I'll keep that in mind...
@jason2kool: LOL

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You don't look like you are failing.

Shadowless

HSC
Here are my ranks
Gen. Maths - 5/75
Biology - 18/40
Chemistry - 25/37
Visual Arts - 9/22
Ancient History - 24/52

You are no asian...

Laughable

HSC
@soloooooo: The marks I'm getting in exams scream fail haha, it's just that my cohort sucks ass that's why it seems like I'm doing good lol
@Shadowless: Shit how did you find out?
Anyway uh the reason why I dropped down from Maths to G. Maths is because I missed a whole month of work (goes for all subjects) and I couldn't catch up with the workload for Maths so yeap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)