List as many jobs you can think of a comm/law grad can get (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I think this might be useful for 08's as well as current comm/llb students:

Obviously it depends on your major, for eg- you could be an accountant or marketer, or obviously if your grades are good enough a solicitor but what about some more obscure careers that you have heard people entering?

I know in the rare chance it can lead to IB'ing, management consulting, but what else? Anything out of the ordinary (after all it is meant to be the 'degree' in terms of most career prospects)

I know one guy who majored in accounting/law and got a job with Billabong etc it was very cool. Flown around the world to the top beaches (he was a surfer), free clothes etc and gave them legal/financial advice.

I'm interested if you know of any grads getting international positions. Maybe with the IMF or the World Bank, ICJ, Human Rights, maybe interesting jobs in the army/intelligence?

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
I don't see why doing com/law would have a rare chance to get into IB or MC.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
keithmoon said:
I don't see why doing com/law would have a rare chance to get into IB or MC.
Well its not like comm/llb is a rare combination these days. Even with the double, getting in there is stiff. You would need preferably a Finance/Economics major with at least a D average overall (including law) from a reputable instiution with great extra-curriculars as well (already done summer vac work etc), and to get in atm given the current climate would be extremely difficult.

Rorix

HSC
Obviously a comm/law student could get any job a commerce student could get and any job a law student could get. Anyone that wants to type out 10000 different job titles, go ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)