links to major projects (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Thanks Winston.

The actualy game was coded in c++. However with c++, its difficult to use menus, and mouse events etc... with out knowing windows programming. So, i desided to create a VB launcher with all the menus and command buttons for the sake of not loosing marks, lol.
Driving up to get the score was something that i didnt have time to fix. It was a little difficult to get the fonts in front of the screen everytime without stuffing up other things so i left it as it is. However, if u dont have the camera following the car, u can see everything normally. I used OpenGL for that so the video card will need to support it. Untill i learn windows programming, the the VB stuff stays. :D

Kn1ght_M4r3: Well c++ is a 3rd generation language so its closer to assembly or the language that a processor understands than other languages. But really for simple AI, u can do it with any language.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
nice -X- !
just a few errors like getting stuck in grass n not allowed to get out ... and a bit of a UI thing as Winston sed

otherwise its great! :)
heheh Thanks.
Stuck in grass? Never had that before. But when u drive through the grass, the car is meant to slow down a little.
Getting stuck in the boundary or the wall is more common. Ive got a bug somewhere in my collision detection algorithm which i cant fix. Use your boost to escape out of it. :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Thanks Winston.

The actualy game was coded in c++. However with c++, its difficult to use menus, and mouse events etc... with out knowing windows programming. So, i desided to create a VB launcher with all the menus and command buttons for the sake of not loosing marks, lol.
Driving up to get the score was something that i didnt have time to fix. It was a little difficult to get the fonts in front of the screen everytime without stuffing up other things so i left it as it is. However, if u dont have the camera following the car, u can see everything normally. I used OpenGL for that so the video card will need to support it. Untill i learn windows programming, the the VB stuff stays. :D

Kn1ght_M4r3: Well c++ is a 3rd generation language so its closer to assembly or the language that a processor understands than other languages. But really for simple AI, u can do it with any language.
in that case ill shutup lol

i dont use C++ and dont have much of an idea about

so yeah... good effort anyways

but i see that alot and maybe its just me but most of u guys when making software just never care much about the icons

the position of the form and the layout of things

perhaps i have to be honest im much of a perfectionist with these little things, i like it more professional

-X-

HSC
N/A
heheh, yeh i know. The VB bit was only created the last day before the project was due, so i was pretty much in a rush. I even forgot to change the app name, lol its still called "form1". But i wasnt marked down for any of that. I was too buisy getting the actual game to work then to worry about UI. :D

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by -X-
Thanks Winston.

Ahhhh iC watcha mean X. =) i thought it was only p0ssible to do AI with some specific languages. hehehehe my bad *putz head in shame lol*

Comedy_Al

Maybe also suppress the bounceing a bit? that could be the prob behind getting stuck in the wall. ie if you hit a wall come off with like half your velocity.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Thats the reason i didnt make the car loose energy when colliding. It gets stuck even more.

lawrencema_1985

HSC
lol, isn't that what happens in the real world...the car gets smashed and isn't able to go anywhere?

Comedy_Al

Originally posted by -X-
Thats the reason i didnt make the car loose energy when colliding. It gets stuck even more.
maybe half plus a bit? i'de have to see your code though...
how are you working out collisions? by location of car ie if Car.left >= X etc?

-X-

HSC
N/A
Half plus a bit, all dont work properly (depending on the speed your travelling). The only way it works is if u r travelling at a fast speed, then u can do "half + bit" or just half. But start going slow, it will get stuck.

Collisions:
If Radius Of Car1 + Radius Of Car2 > distance between cars, Then Collision.

Not 100% perfect, but works great.

DJBABAL

man u guys have some good projects, mine is realy basic and simple compaired to all them :D
ahh well its all good, looking forward to some of the progies u guys create if ya become pro Software developers

Comedy_Al

Originally posted by DJBABAL
man u guys have some good projects, mine is realy basic and simple compaired to all them :D
ahh well its all good, looking forward to some of the progies u guys create if ya become pro Software developers
Dont worry about it... it just comes with practice. Besides if you dont have much time / rescources to make it it can be really hard to make a complex one. some of these have been started last year.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Comedy_Al
By half plus a bit i meant maybe
(in psuedo)
NewVelocity = (1/2 * OldVelocity) + 5
or something
Yeh i know what you meant. What i said above. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)