links to major projects (1 Viewer)

beemo

id like to see what some other students produced for their major projects. Mine will be up soon, but feel free to give us a link to yours (if possible). Cheers :D

Winston

HSC

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Wow, nice app winston, I can undestand how you got 100%

Now upload your source code ;)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by enak
Wow, nice app winston, I can undestand how you got 100%

Now upload your source code ;)
nice try nak nak...

thanks..

yours isn't too shabby too.. it functions as it's suppose to
excellent work too!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
wow cool~ great work!

now to find my ... "bought" visual studio enterprise architect...

Comedy_Al

I did a couple of projects for my major project... but here is my favorite. It's a networked chess game, No AI but i'm working on that. PS you need vb6 to run (sorry).

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Artificial Intelligence.

Why exactly or how could you add that?

i mean correct me if i'm wrong but isn't AI, when the computer can actually think for itself

i mean true AI is when computers think for themselves just like us

instead of programmatically controlled by us

-X-

HSC
N/A
With the second car, it needs a player to control it. However, if u want to make a 1 player game i will need to get the car to figure out were its going to go next for every frame. The CPU will calculate the next position on the fly while the game is running for every frame. The position or path of the car will not be pre-coded so it will have to calculate its position everytime (also depending on where the other car is). So basically it "knows" the speed it needs to travel, path to travel to avoid being caught (allways changes during the game), avoid collision and the angle it needs to turn. All this will be happenning while the game is running.

Now for this car to chase the other car, same thing might apply except it will be a little easier. Also, AI the for the difficulty level will be implemented, so if the player chooses "easy", the car might try to either travel slower, not avoid collision as much etc....

So its basically the car is kind of thinking for it self (almost). So yeh, thats my simple AI for the car, lol. Nothing compared to MOHAA AI. :D

Kn1ght_M4r3

Would that be classified as AI? wouldnt that be more programmed still?

i dunn0 but AI would require some 5th generation programming language lol. like ICOT or prolog or something as well as a parallel processor. well thats wat i remember from the prelim but maybe urs is a mini AI lol. ahahah

Winston

HSC
-X- it's definately not a bad effort man

i mean the underlying code i assume is difficult, but obviously the interface isnt as consistent and user friendly,

i dont like the fact u launch it from a form, u should have a menu in the game itself etc..

i dont like the idea u have to drive all the way up to check ur score

not dissing, just saying some portions of UI needs to be worked on but the rest is indeed good

i'v never in my life contemplated a game, and especially, kinda rendered 2d -3d ish...

it's great work

did you use Open GL or GDI?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
nice -X- !

just a few errors like getting stuck in grass n not allowed to get out ... and a bit of a UI thing as Winston sed

otherwise its great! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)