Linking back to thesis/question (1 Viewer)

astab

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

So one issue I'm facing now is forming a concise essay with quotes and examples that directly target the question. I'm able to write dense paragraphs with lots of techniques and analysis (to the point where parts of my paragraph are too wordy and disjointed) but my teacher always calls me out for failing to link my analysis back to the question.

How often do you need to throw in a linking statement that ties together your analysis to show the marker that you haven't deviated from the argument at hand and thus you are constantly answering the question? Is there a formula? Do you link it, say, after every second quote? Every third quote? Do some of you avoid linking statements until the final sentence of your paragraph and still manage to tick the A range for maintaining a consistent line of argument?

If so, how do you guys do it and how do you guys suggest I should restructure my paragraphs to constantly address the question?

For those of us who memorise, do you face the same issue when you adapt bits of your essay?

Much appreciated.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Basically what you should do is:

- First line of the paragraph should be a link to your thesis
- The techniques you should use must be linked to your thesis
- End your paragraph with another link to the question and at the same time linking it to the next paragraph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)