Lexus (1 Viewer)

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
well i own a 2004 IS300, it has a 2JZ engine (the same as a supra)
so in reality its like a lexus luxury sedan with a toyota sport engine. i absolutly love my car and would never swap it for a BMW or a Merc, my family has owned a 7 series BMW and a C class Merc, but now our garage is full with Lexus, mine is IS and my mum recently bought the new RX350 (the bigger engine to last yr's model) and my family would swear that a lexus is the only car they will own again.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
koukla said:
well i own a 2004 IS300, it has a 2JZ engine (the same as a supra)
so in reality its like a lexus luxury sedan with a toyota sport engine. i absolutly love my car and would never swap it for a BMW or a Merc, my family has owned a 7 series BMW and a C class Merc, but now our garage is full with Lexus, mine is IS and my mum recently bought the new RX350 (the bigger engine to last yr's model) and my family would swear that a lexus is the only car they will own again.
yeah, same engine as supra minus the turbo-chargers :p

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Lexus need to do this to their model line up.

1. Introduce the Lexus IS 300. Take the engine out of the GS300 and stick it in the IS. The II250 isn't powerful enough to be considered a sports sedan.

2. Get rid of the foot operated park break.

3. Stick the engine from the IS 350 into the GS to make it a GS350.

Really the model line up should be

is250 (entry)
is300

GS350
GS 430
GS450h

lengy

HSC
The are already working on a more power IS version as we type with unique staycked quad exhaust and aggressive bodykit. Here's hoping it's an IS350. The problem is that even if Lexus make an IS350 there's no special designation that says, 'This is the best of Lexus that will rival an M3'. Maybe they can have a separate designation like IX or something or have like Mercedes Benz the AMG tuning arm.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
lengy said:
The are already working on a more power IS version as we type with unique staycked quad exhaust and aggressive bodykit. Here's hoping it's an IS350. The problem is that even if Lexus make an IS350 there's no special designation that says, 'This is the best of Lexus that will rival an M3'. Maybe they can have a separate designation like IX or something or have like Mercedes Benz the AMG tuning arm.
The top and top tailpipe IS will be the IS450 or 430. It will have the V8 from the LS and will be aimed at the BMW M3 or the 335i.

The is350 is already a cooking model in North America.

vorahk

HSC
theyre awesome!

they look mad, stylish, innovative, doesnt costs as much as merc n BMW.

they started the trend of chrome backlights (with the is200) :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Never noticed that before in the Lexus... have to admit it's looking alot better than past examples, and the Germans aren't looking so hot, but I'd still rather be in the BMW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)