lesbian/gay view on bisexuals (1 Viewer)

HSC
i personally am a lesbian and i have many friends who are what society calls 'bisexuals'.
i do not really have a big problem with it but at times i feel paranoid whenever or if i ever pursue a relationship, i rather a lesbian like myself.
i guess i would feel much comfortable.

what do you think? how do you feel about bisexuals?

K

katie_tully

So... before jumping into a relationship, you're probably best to define your boundaries early on, so that there are not mishaps along the way =)

I've heard that lesbians sometimes get used by bicurious girls who want to experience the lesbian lifestyle without being a lesbian. Far as I am concerned, thats just as bad as a male stringing a female along for sex, and we all know nobody likes that >=\

I'm not a lesbian, and I don't think I'm bisexual. I am attracted to females sometimes, but I probably wouldn't make a move or jump the fence for a relationship. I need the companionship I think I'd only find with a guy. I've kissed girls before, back in the high school years when kissing girls was cool...but I'm neither lesbian nor bisexual. =) Just sexual. Reow

HSC
hmm i see.

how do you lots feel about people who do not define their sexuality.
they are neither straight nor gay nor bisexual..

i personally find that stupid and is just an excuse for people to avoid discrimination or whatever.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i used to think i was bisexual...but it turned out i just had some incredibly hot female friends.

HSC
AlleyCat said:
i used to think i was bisexual...but it turned out i just had some incredibly hot female friends.
i see.. so i assume you never pursued a relationship with a girl?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
purplefruitloop said:
i see.. so i assume you never pursued a relationship with a girl?
no, i havent. but i think i have realised for myself that i am heterosexual. not because i think it is right or wrong but simply because no feeling for a female has ever gone beyond a mini crush, while i fall in and out of love with guys all the time.

i cant say that i have never considered the idea though, but my friendships mean too much to me to take it any further.

in regards to your issue, maybe everyone should wear sexuality labels so as to avoid confusion...

HSC
AlleyCat said:
no, i havent. but i think i have realised for myself that i am heterosexual. not because i think it is right or wrong but simply because no feeling for a female has ever gone beyond a mini crush, while i fall in and out of love with guys all the time.

i cant say that i have never considered the idea though, but my friendships mean too much to me to take it any further.

in regards to your issue, maybe everyone should wear sexuality labels so as to avoid confusion...

hehe. sexuality labels hehe. that would indeed much be easier but i guess people who are closeted tend to suppress their sexuality to avoid discrimination whic is not good. but then again, i do understand coming out being a hard process.
my mother still does not like me being gay. she told me that she wants me to have a boyfriend.. geee. like thats going to make me all better pfft. [insert sarcasm]

K

katie_tully

purplefruitloop said:
hmm i see.

how do you lots feel about people who do not define their sexuality.
they are neither straight nor gay nor bisexual..

i personally find that stupid and is just an excuse for people to avoid discrimination or whatever.
How so?

I am not avoiding discrimination. Quite the opposite. I am not calling myself bisexual, because I would never pursue a relationship with a female. I am attracted to them, but not in such a way that I would consider being with them.
A true bisexual is somebody who would engage in a meaningful and possibly sexual relationship with a member of either sexes.

I am not a lesbian because I am in a long term relationship with a male. See how it works?

If people do not want to define their sexuality, they shouldn't have to. There are enough confusing aspects with ones sexuality, without having to box it.

Skeeta

HSC
i think id engage with a girl sexually before i would fall in love with one

if that makes sense - i think lesbianism/bisexualism should be defined by love and long-term relationships rather than sexual preference

I'd like to know how many "bisexual" women, would prefer to grow up with a man and have children vs. have a long term lesbian relationship

pmr_123

HSC
i can see your point, like it'd be the same if i dated a bi-sexual guy... really i wouldn't know where i stood, and i'd hate to worry if he finds some guys more attractive then me...

i don't have anything against bi-sexuals, but yeah, it'd just be odd to date one... never actually considered that one before...

HSC
katie_tully said:
How so?

I am not avoiding discrimination. Quite the opposite. I am not calling myself bisexual, because I would never pursue a relationship with a female. I am attracted to them, but not in such a way that I would consider being with them.
A true bisexual is somebody who would engage in a meaningful and possibly sexual relationship with a member of either sexes.

I am not a lesbian because I am in a long term relationship with a male. See how it works?

If people do not want to define their sexuality, they shouldn't have to. There are enough confusing aspects with ones sexuality, without having to box it.

i see where you're coming from. oh! and if you thought i mentioned the whole 'not labelling one sexuality' thing implying it about you, i wasn't. and i apologise if you thought i did. but yes. i do understand where you are coming from with not defining ones sexuality, i guess we all have our different opinions.

HSC
Skeeta said:
i think id engage with a girl sexually before i would fall in love with one

if that makes sense - i think lesbianism/bisexualism should be defined by love and long-term relationships rather than sexual preference

I'd like to know how many "bisexual" women, would prefer to grow up with a man and have children vs. have a long term lesbian relationship
i agree, it seems interesting.

HSC
pmr_123 said:
i can see your point, like it'd be the same if i dated a bi-sexual guy... really i wouldn't know where i stood, and i'd hate to worry if he finds some guys more attractive then me...

i don't have anything against bi-sexuals, but yeah, it'd just be odd to date one... never actually considered that one before...
EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! i may feel insecure but id hate to feel insecure merely because im supposed to trust my partner. etc etc

fearless86

HSC
purplefruitloop said:
how do you feel about bisexuals?
meh, i dont think its a big issue. Of my bi friends that have ended their hetero relationship cos they were into someone of the same gender...that wasnt so much an issue of the bisexuality...it was more just because that particular relationship they were in wasnt working great. Chances are when you get into something with a girl, there'll be a whole lot of paranoia and jealousy going on anyway due to the fact that lesbians are generally way screwed up.

About the avoiding labelling yourself to avoid discrimination...i really dont think there's anything wrong with that. no one likes being discriminated against. Im always vague about the whole *lesbian* issue when i meet someone new just in case they're the type to act like im a freak. who needs that?

HSC
fearless86 said:
meh, i dont think its a big issue. Of my bi friends that have ended their hetero relationship cos they were into someone of the same gender...that wasnt so much an issue of the bisexuality...it was more just because that particular relationship they were in wasnt working great. Chances are when you get into something with a girl, there'll be a whole lot of paranoia and jealousy going on anyway due to the fact that lesbians are generally way screwed up.

About the avoiding labelling yourself to avoid discrimination...i really dont think there's anything wrong with that. no one likes being discriminated against. Im always vague about the whole *lesbian* issue when i meet someone new just in case they're the type to act like im a freak. who needs that?
i see, and i totally understand what your saying. thanks for replying to my post.
i have a friend in the same situation as yourself. being vague about being a lesbian.
physically, you wouldnt think she was female. she resembles a male, literally.
at first i thought she was a he but then she told me she was actually female and the name she went by was just a nickname.
she likes to be referred as a he.
i totally feel you there! my friend is known as a male to people, she isn't very for the whole 'referring myself as female/lesbian'.

dbf064

HSC
What is everyone's opinion

Are bisexuals just greedy, leaving their options open for whoever guy/girl comes along? Confused if they are really gay or not?

How about Bicurious? Just want sex and to experiment, no intrest in actual love with anyone of same gender?

HSC
i think bisexuals are greedy! if they can't decide what they like then they don't deserve anyone- sorry if i offend anyone but thats what i recon

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
*slurtznow&4eva said:
i think bisexuals are greedy! if they can't decide what they like then they don't deserve anyone- sorry if i offend anyone but thats what i recon
maybe you're just passing judgement too quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)