lesbian/gay view on bisexuals (1 Viewer)

HSC
dbf064 said:
What is everyone's opinion

Are bisexuals just greedy, leaving their options open for whoever guy/girl comes along? Confused if they are really gay or not?

How about Bicurious? Just want sex and to experiment, no intrest in actual love with anyone of same gender?
personally, i have no problem with bisexuals but i do not think i'd date one.
also, i guess it really depends on the person.
if they feel comfortable sitting on the fence well good for them but then again, it would suck if they turn out being greedy and happen to be bisexual merely because they have easy access to both sexes.
bi-curious in the other hand well, i do not have a problem if they are in the 'intransition phase' as in, finding out if they are gay but if they are plain 'ol bi-curious/tri sexuals well i think thats stupid merely because they could literally hurt the person who they are with. they are practically using the person and that is not nice! if they happen to be trisexuals/bi-curious in need of a fuck, they can just find a fuckbuddy who also, does not intend to pursure relationships but only a fuck. eeeeeek! sorry for the over use of the word 'fuck' lol. my apologises for people who may be offended.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's really interesting, because I've always wanted to know what people (in general, regardless of sexual preference) think of bis. I personally have never met a bi.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
purplefruitloop said:
i personally am a lesbian and i have many friends who are what society calls 'bisexuals'.
i do not really have a big problem with it but at times i feel paranoid whenever or if i ever pursue a relationship, i rather a lesbian like myself.
i guess i would feel much comfortable.

what do you think? how do you feel about bisexuals?
Well why do you feel paranoid?

Afraid they will leave you for someone of the other sex? Which would mean they are willing to cheat on you.

Afraid you couldn't satisfy everything? Do you really think you could satisfy everything for them now?

HSC
Xayma said:

Afraid they will leave you for someone of the other sex? Which would mean they are willing to cheat on you.

Afraid you couldn't satisfy everything? Do you really think you could satisfy everything for them now?
its not about satisfaction. i may be biased etc but hypothetically if i were to have a longterm partner, i don't know if a female who is bi-sexual will be willing to pursue such a commitment. but then again, it depends on the person and i understand that.
i am not a needy person and i am not some expert. i know that i cannot meet the needs of another person but instead try the best i can to make them happy.
about my paranoia.. well, i am in general a very paranoid person. indeed, i am scared that my partner may find someone of the opposite sex and in result i will lose them. in a sense, i tend to draw away from such possiblities that could occur. i am not very good at handling certain predicaments in terms of being in a relationship etc.

i sound so emo, i apologise.

HSC
Xayma said:

its not about satisfaction. i may be biased etc but hypothetically if i were to have a longterm partner, i don't know if a female who is bi-sexual will be willing to pursue such a commitment. but then again, it depends on the person and i understand that.
i am not a needy person and i am not some expert. i know that i cannot meet the needs of another person but instead try the best i can to make them happy.
about my paranoia.. well, i am in general a very paranoid person. indeed, i am scared that my partner may find someone of the opposite sex and in result i will lose them. in a sense, i tend to draw away from such possiblities that could occur. i am not very good at handling certain predicaments in terms of being in a relationship etc.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
purplefruitloop said:

Why would someone who is bisexual be any less willing to pursue a commitment. It is quite easy to get sex if you are straight bi or gay, it doesn't make them more likely to go after someone else.

HSC
Xayma said:
Why would someone who is bisexual be any less willing to pursue a commitment. It is quite easy to get sex if you are straight bi or gay, it doesn't make them more likely to go after someone else.

i am not looking for sex. and i see where you are coming from. i understand and i apologise if i offended you in anyway.
i just wanted to know other gay/lesbian individuals views on bisexuals.
i already stated i had nothign against them as lots of my bestfriends are bi.
i just wanted other points of views.

[ end rant ]

once again, i apologise.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
i probably shouldn't be replying because i'm not gay, but oh well :eek:

i class myself as bisexual, but i've been with a boy for about 5 years now. i've been tempted and fancied lots of boys and girls over the past, but never did anything about it.

it's funny about coming out to parents - i've never mentioned it to my parents (since it's not an issue - if i were to break up with the boy and get a girlfriend then that would be different!) and there was a girl i worked with who was 22/23 but hadn't told her parents yet. she still lives at home too, i don't know how she hides it.
but i only actually found out she was a lesbian until after she'd left! haha, my gaydar must be non-existant!

Mongke

HSC
Im not gay (or bi) but I know some ppl who are homosexual/lesbian and I must say, here im conservative. are you for guys? Or are you for girls? Many tears have been shed over this so if youre confused you should not engage in a meaningful relationship, if any at all. Decide who you bat for, then take to the field. Don’t defect half way, that’s brining your problems on others and making them deal with it. Not cool.

gay0chik0megz

HSC
i do believe someone can honestly love and have relationships with both sexes so bi sexuality is fine im personally a lesbian and have delt with bi chiks in a relationship situation- its hard for me to comment also cause this girl did screw me around to certain extremes because of a guy! but you cant help it if you have feeling for both- but dont play with peoples feelings and emotions thats the ultimate rule

peace

dora_18

HSC
im not gay....but i think gay people are freaking awesome..especially guys-VERY hot :D guy-on-guy action is the best thing to settle boredom on saturday night...i have no problem with gay people...in fact one of my good friends is gay and i have the best relationship with him-its very "will&grace" lol ...as for bisexuals i have mixed emotions because they always turn out to be more pro one gender then the other when it comes to crunch time..but i dont really care they can do whatever they want, im not going to sit here and say omg i hate them because they keep their options open!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Mongke said:
Im not gay (or bi) but I know some ppl who are homosexual/lesbian and I must say, here im conservative. are you for guys? Or are you for girls? Many tears have been shed over this so if youre confused you should not engage in a meaningful relationship, if any at all. Decide who you bat for, then take to the field. Don’t defect half way, that’s brining your problems on others and making them deal with it. Not cool.
Why do you have to be so specific? People can be attracted to more then one type of person :p otherwise you would never have all the large extremes in different types of relationships people have. Introvert, extrovert etc. why wouldn't some be able to do that with gender?

seeka_train

HSC
I think that a lot of people are still confused about where they 'slot' into.

I believe the whole categorising people thing just gets a little old. Love's love. Why give it other names to complicate a simple and beautiful thing?

Bisexuals may be a risk and they may turn around and go 'oops! my bad!' but at least there was that period of fun and happiness.

I personally don't mind bisexuals. Sometimes it could get frustrating but just enjoy it and let the good times roll~

milk&honey

HSC
I am a lesbian and I really hate to say it but I’d avoid getting involved with a bisexual girl if I could. I dunno I guess I’d just doubt their potential for a serious long term relationship with another girl. If they are into guys and girls equally wouldn’t it be easier for them to just have a long term relationship with a guy, where they wouldn’t face any discrimination, could have kids more easily if they wanted to etc.? I’d just be worried that I would be left for a guy in the long term-not that it would be any easier being left for another girl- so I guess the fear is pretty irrational.

It would be interesting if there was statistics on which sex bisexuals tend to end up with in long term relationships. But then of course that would just lead to stereotyping and discrimination.

But having said all that if I fell in love with a girl who was bisexual, then yeah I would pursue a relationship I guess.

I guess it all depends on the individual and their values and morals as to whether they are going to cheat on you and leave you for a male or even another female.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
totally off topic but i love your username so much that i just changed my long standing msn name to milk&honey. feel the love.

HSC
N/A
Anti-Mathmite said:
I don't trust bisexuals, as they seem to be a bit bi-polar sexually, if that makes sense.
I can completely understand this and I can understand that alot of bisexuals are just confused or 'prefer' both. But people can be spontaneous enough without having to constantly 'switch sides'. So I will therefore stick with girls that only like girlies :p

Also agree with milk&honey on all things *nod*

Anyways as a lesbian, I am far too skeptical when it comes to bisexuals nowadays, sorry kids but the fact that there is a 'trend' in there somewhere disturbs me to no end :\ It has resulted in me thinking negatively of bisexuals (AKA dirty bisexuals) as a whole :( Bad me but the trendites will do that to people.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I've decided to become gender queer. Who the hell needs to take gender into consideration when deciding whether you like someone or not? Who the hell cares what gender they are, everyone is different anyway, so why not look at them as an individual rather than male/female. I have had a tendancy to kiss girls in the past (although its never actually had anything to do with attraction..), so just because i dont particularly want a relationship with anyone at the moment, whos to say in the future whether i might like someone who happens to be female? Never say never.
So to answer to your question (which i havent at all yet o_O), if they are confused about sexual orientation, and you aren't, steer clear. They are probably more effort than they are worth. But bisexuals arent necessarily bad, like me... the recently (about 10 seconds ago) proclaimed gender queer!

HSC
Silver And Cold said:
I can completely understand this and I can understand that alot of bisexuals are just confused or 'prefer' both. But people can be spontaneous enough without having to constantly 'switch sides'. So I will therefore stick with girls that only like girlies :p

Also agree with milk&honey on all things *nod*

Anyways as a lesbian, I am far too skeptical when it comes to bisexuals nowadays, sorry kids but the fact that there is a 'trend' in there somewhere disturbs me to no end :\ It has resulted in me thinking negatively of bisexuals (AKA dirty bisexuals) as a whole :( Bad me but the trendites will do that to people.
i agree with you with the whole trend thing. i mean NOT all people who are bisexual are 'trend setters' which i have no problem with because i do believe they are genuine and have their own reasons and therefore are not trendies.
but yes. as i have said before, i have no problem with bisexuals who are comfortable with defining themselves as bi.

but this whole trend thing... eeek! the whole:
'i kissed a girl! to make guys cream! omg! im bisexual! oh! but i don't think i can go out with a girl thats soooo gay!' <<< that my friend.. is an example of trendies which shit me!!
hypothetically, being led on and whatnot then feelings arise then in the end they end up saying 'im not gay' gee.! come on guys! not cool at all!! playing with peoples feelings and using them for physical action is effing wrong!.
eeek! blah..

[end rant]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)