Legal Studies : stumped please help (1 Viewer)

crystel_angel

HSC
Heya guys and by that i also mean girls to avoid any litigation i might recieve in this subject.
My teacher has just given us an assesment tast and i think its kinda vague and more or less i really just dont understand what i should be writing about, of course he's also the kind of teacher you cant ask questions to so here it is.

WITH REFERENCE TO LEGAL ISSUES AND REMEDIES, EVALUATE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE LAW IN RESPONDING TO DIFFERENT FAMILY ARRANGEMENTS?

any help would be nice thanks.

pig_93

HSC
talk about the different family arrangements as recog by the law
place emphasis on DE FACTO heaps, then a lot on homosexuals and ATSI's too.
so yeah, talk about legislation and also talk about changed community attitudes to these.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
hey BTW if you say: 'homosexuals' in an exam you will get marked down.. you need to say 'same sex relationships' in legal exams.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
omg this is such an easy question!
talk about law reform
this is something good 2 put in ur essay-if ur teacher sees law reform they will go wow!
alternative family arrangements
there are 8 AFAs
these include:
ATSI
same sex couples
domestic relationships
single parent families
polygamous marraiges
defacto relationships

what has changed is that they are now gaining more rights
talk about how the family court and other legal institutions provide justice
some include atsi, blended families, defacto, same sex, single parent etc

USE PAREE! that is important
protection for the individual
accessibility
resource efficency
enforacbility
equality

Use Cases and legislation
e.g. Evans V. Evans for divorce
Law reform based on the definition of marriage
hyde v. hyde, corbett v corbett and the 2001 kevin case
the family law act 1975 cth and also the family law reform act 1995
theres law reform 4 u again
yeah thats heaps 2 write about
good luck with it

L

LaraB

crystel_angel said:
Heya guys and by that i also mean girls to avoid any litigation i might recieve in this subject.
My teacher has just given us an assesment tast and i think its kinda vague and more or less i really just dont understand what i should be writing about, of course he's also the kind of teacher you cant ask questions to so here it is.

WITH REFERENCE TO LEGAL ISSUES AND REMEDIES, EVALUATE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE LAW IN RESPONDING TO DIFFERENT FAMILY ARRANGEMENTS?

any help would be nice thanks.
Hint - this was last year's HSC Exam Essay question for Family so find a 2004 HSC student who has time to spare:)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
mine is a lil more vague “With reference to legal issues faced by family members, discuss the remedies and the difficulties in gaining access to these remedies”. I am doing adoption surrocacy and IVF :)

L

LaraB

melsc said:
mine is a lil more vague “With reference to legal issues faced by family members, discuss the remedies and the difficulties in gaining access to these remedies”. I am doing adoption surrocacy and IVF :)
its actually a pretty similar question oto the above one..

basically, pick some issues, figure out what problems arise for these people/areas, discuss any remedies that can aid these, then discuss if there is any ways in which these people are prevented from accessing these remedies or if there are no remedies available or if the remredies are insufficient for each group eg same sex couples access to birth technology is limited by law so they ca'nt seek adequeat remedies for tehir circumstance:)

Lorie

HSC
Contrast and find similities between a break down in a relationship between a marriage and a de-facto. Show how it is under different jursidictions and show how different the state laws reguarding a break down of de-factos and the federal laws in a break down of a marriage. Issues such as property allocation, futures needs of the spouse, and the needs of the child are different and simliar between a marriage and de-facto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)