Legal Studies - New Syllabus - Roll Call Prelim 2010 (1 Viewer)

Schoey93

HSC
Write in if you're doing Legal Studies Preliminary course (NSW HSC) in 2010. There is a new syllabus which includes modified/changed content in the preliminary certificate and Higher School Certificate courses.

Here's the link to the new syllabus:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/legal-studies-syllabus-st6.pdf

The new syllabus was what attracted me to the course - the year 11 course is no longer as boring as bat shit with the new topic The Law in Practice, which looks at the effect of law on individuals and groups and examines specific cases.

Who's excited about Legal Studies? Do you think it will be a good course? I do! :music:

Senator111

HSC
Re: Legal Studies - New Syllabus - Roll Call

I am indeed, most excited about it!

I am liking the new syllabus - I would have done it even if it remained unchanged, but, this makes it better.

Definately keep each other posted on how/what we are doing etc.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Legal Studies - New Syllabus - Roll Call

Definately excited :) Legal studies is probably one of my most favourite subjects.. obviously after Maths :p MATHS ftw!

Schoey93

HSC
Awesome! Did you get to do any legal work or was it just file sorting?

I'd love to follow up undergraduate medicine, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery with a law degree, Bachelor of Laws at ANU. It would open up a lot of opportunities. :) But that's probably too much study for me (9 years minimum, ick)!

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
Awesome! Did you get to do any legal work or was it just file sorting?

I'd love to follow up undergraduate medicine, Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery with a law degree, Bachelor of Laws at ANU. It would open up a lot of opportunities. :) But that's probably too much study for me (9 years minimum, ick)!
I sat in the court cases, filed stuff, learnt a lot about legal system etc..heaps of stuff.
lol, do you know how much workload there is for medicine and law alone?

Schoey93

HSC
I sat in the court cases, filed stuff, learnt a lot about legal system etc..heaps of stuff.
lol, do you know how much workload there is for medicine and law alone?
Yeah, sure do. I'm only going to do Medicine. MB BS at UWS is the goal. I need an ATAR of >93.00. I'm aiming for 95.00. I've done the ACER UMAT practice questions and I got them all right. That said, ACER says that preparation for UMAT is ineffective as it's an IQ and EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quota) test and your IQ and EQ can only be changed by years and years of study or a personality transplant. :party:

The interview at UWS could be difficult. But I'm also trying out for Newcastle University/UNE, Monash University, UNSW and JCU.

So I'll have five preferences that are MB BS or B Med.

Schoey93

HSC
There's also the GAMSAT entry option (postgraduate medicine - MB BS takes 4 years FT to complete and requires a 3-year undergraduate Bachelor degree or higher). I've consider ANU Bachelor of Laws undergraduate (4 years) then ANU postgrduate MB BS, but like you said Jess, the workload is huge. And I'm also trying to pay off my 1997 Ford Festiva Trio my uncle and I bought together ... well, technically it's my car because I paid for the car, he paid for the extras yet expects me to pay him back, interest-free. :)

Senator111

HSC
^ Schoey, debt is meant for later age, not whilst your in year 11!
All the best, I dream to do BLaw/BComm, but may have to do BComm and get a good average and then transfer into Law. All depends on this stupid HSC.

ital101

HSC
Why don't you do USyd combined law? Sydney University has the best law school in the country other than ANU.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Legal studies would've been awesome if you got to do like a PIP type thing like in a society and culture...I'm really interested in animal law, and it would've been cool like for the big assessment in legal studies to be making a report on an interest group of one's choice and the issues and how the law effects those issues and such....oh well, I guess I can do something that in history extension but still something like that should've been added to the legal studies syllabus.

Valdek

Premium Member
HSC
quite enjoying the course so far!
but it's sad most of the study guides and textbooks have failed to update to the new syllabus :(

HSC
Uni Grad
so far new legal studies syllabus is good, nevertheless the previous one is still alright... :p

Right now I'm doing technology and the law; assignment is going to be easy as heck =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)