Legal Studies Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

agua.fuego

HSC
I've got my legal studies exam coming up and my notes aren't all up for studying (I've been off school a lot). Anyone got any good notes or things that you can help me out with? It covers The Legal System, The Individual and The State, and The Law in Focus, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The notes from the Resources section are pretty good. :)

agua.fuego

HSC
We're just kind of working through the syllabus as it comes, you know. So the order it's in, that's how we're doing it.
Thanks, Aerath... I'll try there :)

WannaBang?

HSC
agua.fuego said:
I've got my legal studies exam coming up and my notes aren't all up for studying (I've been off school a lot). Anyone got any good notes or things that you can help me out with? It covers The Legal System, The Individual and The State, and The Law in Focus, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!
The notes from the resource section are BRILLIANT! I smashed year 11 legal studies using the notes found in the resource section and I didn't listen to the teacher at all! (she's an old bat that has passed her used by date). I'm still using the notes for year 12, although I am attempting to make my own notes!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The Legal Studies students in my school get 3 essays I heard in their half yearlies. Lucky I didn't pick it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:
Woah. How long was the exam? 4 Hours? :S

We had 20 MC questions, about 7 short responses and only one long response/ essay.
It was relatively simple :)
Probably 2 hours. Even HSC does not go that long.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
TunaFish said:
Fortunately. :)
I wouldn't be able to write three essays in 2 hours though. Unless they were the only questions that the exam consisted of.
And even then, my essays would be pretty dodgy. :\

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
My Legal Studies Half Yearly Exam is on Monday next week, and because the school/teachers set the exam individually, and then give us some idea about what to study, theres probably little use in me typing it up, since yours has quite a strong chance of being completely different, but it might give you some vague idea of things to make sure you cover.

I have yet to prepare notes on it, I plan to in a few days time. But we were told:

Part 1: 20 MC questions - and the only hint we were given was to make sure we know our definitions

Part 2: Set list of definitions:

Adversary System, Alternate Dispute Resolution, Anarchy, Appellate Jurisdiction, Burden of proof, Justice, Seperation of powers, Standard of proof, Statute Law and Terra Nullius

Part 3: One extended response and we can choose from one of three:

a) Outline how each of the following are made and give an example of each:

* Statute Law
* Common Law
* Delegated legislation

b) What are the main differences between civil law and criminal law?
Outline the procedures that must occur in an indictable criminal trial

c) What is meant by the terms "terra nullius" and "native title"? Outline the main developments that have occured since 1990 in relation to native title in Australia.

Once again, keep in mind this is what MY school class was told to study for the test THEY set; but it still might give you some ideas :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Should be pretty easy enough. Afterall, they've practically told you what's in the test. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)