legal studies: does it scale you down? (1 Viewer)

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Yeh im doin legal in yr11 and i was wondering if it would scale me down

cameron0110

HSC
Well its not going to help you in the scaling department but like everything, if you enjoy it and do well at it then in the long run its better than doing something for the scaling which you don't enjoy and do badly at. Depends on what you mean by scale you down, but it has a scaled mean of about 25.3- which is not as good as subjects like advanced english, chemistry, maths but is better than standard english, senior science and stuff like that.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
In the past few years, the scaling for Legal Studies has been roughly average - neither positive nor negative.

It doesn't really come into play at all.

funniboi

HSC
Isn't scaling determined by how well you perform, and also as a class ?

eg: First = Scale up
Last = Scale down

???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
No... that's moderating. :)

(See <a href="/other/flowchart.pdf">this flowchart</a>.)

username

HSC
so laz my cumilitive mark for legal is around 92, and i got 95 for the trial. Im ranked 1. Say i got 90 in the hsc what would be my overall mark for legal do you think.

cameron0110

HSC
username said:
so laz my cumilitive mark for legal is around 92, and i got 95 for the trial. Im ranked 1. Say i got 90 in the hsc what would be my overall mark for legal do you think.
Whoa freaky, I've got the exact same marks (92 overall and 95 in the trial) except i'm not first.... anyway, I think- Lazarus will know more about this than me, but if you come first and 90 is the top mark from your school in legal then it will become your school assessment mark too and then it will be scaled from there.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
cameron0110 said:
Whoa freaky, I've got the exact same marks (92 overall and 95 in the trial) except i'm not first.... anyway, I think- Lazarus will know more about this than me, but if you come first and 90 is the top mark from your school in legal then it will become your school assessment mark too and then it will be scaled from there.
depends on what the highest mark someone at ur school gets forlegal, if its you, and you get 90 for the exam, then you'd get 90 for ur hsc (averages of ur moderated and actual exam mark [90+90]/2)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i am top 3 in my skool 4 legal and am worried even tho i do well, will i get scalled down, i am so confused coz some ppl say it is scalled alot others say it is not, and i am really worried coz i also do IPT which also gets scalled down heaps, but i came 1st in that>?

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
Dont worry about the scaling. Do what you're good at, and what you enjoy. Its better getting 100% in legal studies than only 50% in a subject that has good scalings.

Teoh

Scales better then ancient history and business studies
Worse then modern and economics

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i think if anything, legal will scale me UP, because i feel the canditature at my school is of fairly high quality

santaslayer

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i think if anything, legal will scale me UP, because i feel the canditature at my school is of fairly high quality
That's correct..megawowawesome calibre of students @ Chelt Girls. :D

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
That's correct..megawowawesome calibre of students @ Chelt Girls. :D
not to mention we are all pretty sexy to ;) hahah j/k ok spamming ends now :p

Becc

Don't worry about it scaling you down.
a girl last year from my school who does legal got 99.95 in her hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)