legal essays .. (1 Viewer)

gunat61

HSC
i know this is kinda bad but do you think it's okay preparing generic essays for legal? especially family .. cos the hsc questions seem to be pretty easy to mould essays to .. a couple of friends have done this in the past and have gotten band 6s but i'm just not completely sure ..

enoilgam

HSC
i know this is kinda bad but do you think it's okay preparing generic essays for legal? especially family .. cos the hsc questions seem to be pretty easy to mould essays to .. a couple of friends have done this in the past and have gotten band 6s but i'm just not completely sure ..
I wouldnt, its very risky as the questions can be quite specific at times. Its ok to have a general idea of what you want to say, but a memorised response is a bad idea.

HSC
Uni Grad
If you do want a response, don't memorize word for word, instead, just plan out points - lots and lots of them. Then on the day, write stuff from your points that are relevant to the question, that way it will be easier.

enoilgam

HSC
If you do want a response, don't memorize word for word, instead, just plan out points - lots and lots of them. Then on the day, write stuff from your points that are relevant to the question, that way it will be easier.
This is a better idea. Like for workplace, I planned what I was going to say for issues like safety, discrimination etc, but I didnt have a memorised response.

gunat61

HSC
like for workplace ( ughh) is it safe to assume that at least one Q you can talk about safety, discrimination, leave and termination of employment? like is it okay writing up paragraphs on each of these .. or you reckon they'd ask a Q JUST on safety? cos i dunno if i could write 6 pages on safety o_O

enoilgam

HSC
like for workplace ( ughh) is it safe to assume that at least one Q you can talk about safety, discrimination, leave and termination of employment? like is it okay writing up paragraphs on each of these .. or you reckon they'd ask a Q JUST on safety? cos i dunno if i could write 6 pages on safety o_O
I dont think they will ask a question specifically on safety. In all likelyhood, it will probably involve you do discuss all the four things you mentioned. However, what you are required to say for each will differ according to the question.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I would have a prepared approach, rather than a prepared answer.

IF you know cases, legislation and media reports in depth then spend a couple of minutes planning out your responses and deciding on your main arguments. Then go and write the essay. Don't use prepared responses, because what if you get asked 2 specific questions? Learn specific content, that's the only way!

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
um for your focus studies, exam questions have started becoming more specific so preparing a generic essay will not be detailed enough. For e.g. for world order, they might ask just for legal measures to acheive world order, sometimes just non legal measures and sometimes both. Family could be targeted at a specific area of law e.g. children, family types etc so best if you know your content and plan points than remember an essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)