Lectures...is it bad to miss them? (1 Viewer)

onedaysnotice

HSC
Well...negotiations failed and now they've enrolled me into the monday 6-9pm slot after COMP1917 @!#$(!@#%!@#%... KILL IT WITH FIRE. Semester 1 is going to be fun I can tell already.

Would be it better to go to monday COMP1917 lecture and arrive late to the COFA1001 studio, or skip the COMP1917 lecture and arrive to COFA1001 on time? Or can we leave a lecture early?

D94

HSC
N/A
I assume SOMA1001 and COFA1001 are both are COFA (?) - if so, don't bother going to COMP1917. You can leave your lecture early, but you'll need to leave at like 5:30 so you avoid long lines.

Also, why don't you move SOMA1001 to Monday 12-3? (unless the system isn't letting you, which means you'll need to contact the uni to get it manually moved)

Or alternatively, move SOMA and COFA to Thursday, take Monday off (i.e. skip COMP1917). Or you could move your MATH Friday tute to Wednesday, move SOMA and COFA to Thursday, and take Monday and Friday off (yes, that would mean skipping MATH, but I reckon you learn more in tutorials than in lectures) - this also gives you the option to go or not, but having a tutorial that day sort of requires you to go.

In fact, you could make your timetable pretty good, you seemed to have chosen every single bad time possible, IMO :p

onedaysnotice

HSC
I assume SOMA1001 and COFA1001 are both are COFA (?) - if so, don't bother going to COMP1917. You can leave your lecture early, but you'll need to leave at like 5:30 so you avoid long lines.

Also, why don't you move SOMA1001 to Monday 12-3? (unless the system isn't letting you, which means you'll need to contact the uni to get it manually moved)

Or alternatively, move SOMA and COFA to Thursday, take Monday off (i.e. skip COMP1917). Or you could move your MATH Friday tute to Wednesday, move SOMA and COFA to Thursday, and take Monday and Friday off (yes, that would mean skipping MATH, but I reckon you learn more in tutorials than in lectures) - this also gives you the option to go or not, but having a tutorial that day sort of requires you to go.

In fact, you could make your timetable pretty good, you seemed to have chosen every single bad time possible, IMO :p
Yeah...about that...those "open" COFA and SOMA classes with only one spot left aren't actually open, well at least according to the COFA student centre :/ They're all full, and its just a bug in the system I presume. I tried having SOMA at 9-12 and COFA at 2-5 on mondays, but they told me that the COFA class was full so they enrolled me into the 6-9 class, which I was really trying to avoid T^T. I'm still pretty anal about skipping lectures so I don't want to skip too much of them, at least for the first semester aha. I still might consider moving the math tut to wednesday though :D

Gah not being able to enrol online for COFA and SOMA really screwed this up. Especially when the student center takes like 2 days to respond to your emails each time T^T. Also crossing fingers for a wednesday COMP1917 person to swap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)