Learnt Anything? (1 Viewer)

SetoKaiba

I was wondering if anyone thought they've actually learnt anything from this pathetic course. I know I haven't.

It's all so basic. Or maybe we've only done the easy stuff for a year and a half.

fu2m8

nope, same as you, in a year and a half we have basically spent each lesson surfin the net andvisiting tradingpost.com.au to kill the time

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
we learn lots of stuff, even if its basic and kidna easy there are so many things i didnt know.. year 11 was like a bludge this year (12) changed =P .. my teacher goes throught everything ... =/ not sure about other schools thos..

Kn1ght_M4r3

hehe i changed teachers and n0w my class is just plain pathetic. teacher thinks he noes it all but he noes nothing. He told me that illustrate the first and last frame of an animation meant to explain the term of the first and last frame lol. spent the period trying to proove it until i went to dictionary.com and showed him then he shut hiz mouth. :D :p

Jack_Ass121

Lol, wow, so I'm not alone,,, I thought it was just my shit calss and shit teacher that never does any work or teaches, but I guess I was wrong. All we pretty much do in class is surf the net and muck around,,, god, I wish I never picked it...

You know what the worst thing is, I have even done work experiance yet, Iv only done like 10 hrs out of 70,,, how am i gonna get it all done in time?
If i dont get work experiance done you fail the course dont you?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah we havent done much... its such a bore i dont know why i kept it considering i've decided not to sit the exams

the teacher isnt that bad, its just the course is SOoOoO boring... we dont learn anything... everything we do is plain basic knowledge...

right now we're doing letters and memos... for the past 2 week! i mean... come on

del

HSC
N/A
ahh but u need to know that cos if they ask u to write in memo format and u dont do it properly.........

but yeah other than that........ definatley boring.....

strawberry

Yeah, I.T is kinda boring but hey I'm not complaining coz I do my h/w during class so it saves me heaps of time at home for me to study other subjects.. You may think of me as a total loser but I reckon I.T is kinda fun in a sense. R any of u keeping I.T as one of your top 10 units??

c00kiezncreme

me having the same prob..wheather to sit for the IT exam or not? coz im likely to do well in ITcompare to one of my other units...but i dont want it to talk count unless i get some really good mark. But how do I know I'm gonna get a good mark?

we doooo absoutley nothing in this subject, its like me walking in2 a free period..biggest bludge!! i dunno, it is fairly ez but still we should be doing something!!

Are other ppl sitting for it?
i really dont want it to scale me down!

mayb we should decided afta the trials?

i dunno :S

del

HSC
N/A
if ur more confident in it than another subject, definately sit it.. the worse thing is that it may not count.....

if you get a really good mark it'll probably count..... and thus wont scale u down (compared to say if u didnt sit it, and the other subject u did, turned out to be worser than if u had......)

see how u go for the trials... if u aren't intending to study for the trial exam (cos itv assessments dont count), the mark u get is a pretty good indication of how you'll go in the hsc

Jack_Ass121

well im only doin 10units in total,, i.t being one of my courses so yea, im sitting for the test,,, why not? i mean if ur doing 12 units what the worst that could happen? if i stuff itup that badly as opposed to ur other subjects then it will simply not count to ur certificate....

I dont think im gonna study for my i.t exams,, i mean whats there to study anyway? the correct method of sitting on a chair?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
nah its not like that, theres stuff you need to study for... like the platforms and plugs and all that stuff.... if you dont study then everything is basic knowedlge and you'll get a band 5 and stuff

but if u really want to do well, ya gotta study and learn all the important stuff that other people dont.. like really describing the steps to install the software and stuff...

hmm i didnt make sence but yeah.

del

HSC
N/A
you need to learn how to write properly for the IT exam....

yeah if your on 10 units...... i'd sure as hell study for it.. need all the marks u can get really......

Ezalum

HSC
N/A
I have found it far too easy, I haven't really lernt anything at all. :( Our teacher is a complete fool, with absolutly no idea at all. Truth be told he may actually have an idea what he's doing, he's just so vauge about it it's hard to tell. Our class of 4 basically taught one an other. Suprisingly it works better that way. Out lowest score in the half-yearlies was 72%. the max was 85%. I managed to score a humble 76%. :p

MysticEye

yeh i'm finding it far too easy as well, think the whole course is a waste of time everything we are doing could be done 5 times faster i'm coming 1st in my class and 3/150 or so ppl... not tooo bad i guess... i got mate in tafe doing cert 2 in IT and hes flying thro it... so dumb :/

babyjess

HSC
N/A
we dont learn anything. out class had 15 people at the beginning of yr11 and now it's down to 4.

when we ask about something we can't do, we get a book thrown at us and told to "read this"

we may as well have no teacher at all. not that we actually do any work. spend all thw classes surfing the net... :D

Lizzie

I've learnt nussing! I learn more when I hear my sister or Dad talking about work than in class... its a waste of time.... the only thing getting me through is the thought of advanced standing @ TAFE!

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i hate tafe ... so boring and we haev the crappiest teachers in the world the only thing i like about tafe is free internet and free printing cause im a cheapass:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)