Learnt Anything? (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats true.. the stuff in exams we never touched in class... but yeah to those ppl who do ipt, they got a slight advantage :)

i.t is a waste of time, i shoulda dropped it... all we ever do is go on mirc and play games... or go on ebay LOL

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
WHen i did IT i surfed the net the whole time.. its basic...

BUT what worried me was how hardly anyone was getting BAND 6... soo i decided to drop it... cause i didnt learn one single thing!

Amish

HSC
N/A
Havent Learnt a god damn thing in like 1.5 years...total bludge....did last years test...teacher reackons it was about band 5...didnt study or nuthing so im happy....but like pretty much half the ppl that do it could have sat the test the first day and passed...easily

Kn1ght_M4r3

we did last years exam paper in class. it was all pretty straight forward though there were some tricky questions that maybe a comp jUNkee would noe lol. the thing i found hard was just the ports i haven't seen some of them. =0P
But other then that it was pretty easy. [but i did comp studies in year 9 n 10] n that helped with some questions like the serial and parallel transmission.
loved multiple choice but heehehhe

JizZ

yeah, I learned way more complex things in year 10 computer studies than in IT. I think its so boring because its based on the cert2 tafe course that only goes for like a few months, but we have to drag it out over 2 years

Kn1ght_M4r3

i reckont they should of let us go for cert3 as well. its in our books. Like we can be marked off as competent for it so why the hell n0t. if it only goes for a few months as Jizz pointed out we should of just started s0me of the cert 3 stuff even if we dont finish wat do we have to lose? notin. we just get more exp.

JizZ

Yeah I know, my friend started the course at tafe the same time I started it at school, and he just finished with a cert5 1 month ago...

Tyler Durden

OMG! It's not just our class!

HAHAHAHAHA!~

We have the worst teacher for our class, he doesnt do shit, he sits in the tiny office out back all lesson pretending he's on the phone... and we just sit in the room, aimlessly doing.... NOTHING!

He hasnt taught us anything, and the only paper work we did apart from the exam, was a fucking 'comminication in the workplace' poster, and some shitty OH & S bible!

There are only 6 people in out class, cuz the other 5 dropped as soon as they got into the frist lesson in Year 11!

Do you also notice that in the exams... all the examples given when an employee has done something wrong, and needs help... it's a woman? In my trial, there was hardly any questions that related to anything he had told us about at all!~

go figure, wat a fucking joke. :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

c00kiezncreme

lolz.....sounds like all our teachers are one..all the same!

but IT is easy..I had my trials for it y'day and it was a breeze, u can get above 85% without trying and studying!! even if i do wanna study, i wouldnt know wat 2! lolz.. its all jus common sense!

i jus hope the HSC is goooood....i wanna band 5!! 6 seems pretty impossible, only like 2 ppl got that last year!

Kn1ght_M4r3

heheeh well they actually can't test us on a lot of things.
ehhehe s0 guess thats a g0od thing f0r those wh0 aren't teCh heads :D .

I'm not sure if this is true but i hear that they can't test u on certain applications so like how d0 u mail merge in microsoft word or something, since not everyone could be using MS OS.
Could it be possible for them just to rephrase it anyway? like select a program and write the procedures to mail merge.?

ahh well i know theres alot of scenari0 questions, but they suck u answer with all technical words u get the same mark people get if they use just everyday words. Thought they would have criteria like uses appropriate language. :mad:

but yah all in all, IT is one hell of a bludge. Damn i wish i went to tafe so i could get a cert 5 like JizZ said.

shmeg

well i my class is pretty pathetic........yeah its pretty basic but then i look at the forums and people say stuff and i don't have a CLUE wot they're talking about.

I really dont know what to do? i have to do the exam but i cant study we dont have any notes!!

Kn1ght_M4r3

u got not even one set of notes shmeg?
U have done ur trialz haven't yah ?

WelL Umm ill try and scan some of my n0tes for u. got some stuff of my old IT teacher. luCky he came back to fix scHoolz network along with some n0tes. :D

c00kiezncreme

hey Kn1ght_M4r3!
if u do scan ur notes, could u please send me them too! I do have notes but they're not much..l need notes to study coz when it comes to studying, i really neva know wat to study!

thanks Kn1ght_M4r3 =)

Kn1ght_M4r3

yah okay no probz, ill try scan them asap. ;0)
though i have never used alot of them since they are quite technical in detail. bUt hey it helped me out for one questi0n last year and 1 mark can be the diference between a pass and fail.

Karlee

I fly through all the booklets and assignments and spend the rest of my time surfing the net and playing Shockwave games in class :p As long as you get all the competancies and do okay in the exam, it's all sweet :D

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I feel real sorry for all you guys. Its sound as though your teacher really suck. I hope that my students don't feel that way about my class.

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
I feel real sorry for all you guys. Its sound as though your teacher really suck. I hope that my students don't feel that way about my class.
ahahahhaha u never really noe wat a person is thinking lol. =0P i personally haven't known many c0ol teachers but we've had 1 in our school though she left. =0( ehhehe

MrMiK

ah. i rekon my 'coolest' teachers teach SDD and IT..
both being helpful/accepting/inviting/layed back.. and not placing themselves in superior positions.

but i mean.. with my IT class.. i do go thru the books really quick.. spend alot of time doing other stuff.. bludging and so forth..
but i dont think its a bad class..
also.. in spare time we do other stuff to help with the intranet..
its all ver casual. and i like that in a classroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)