Leading Edge Holiday Workshops (1 Viewer)

Aclipse

HSC
Anyone knows anything about this?

I would like to know some favourable reviews before I go out and spend $300 for it

determine

Premium Member
HSC
I have a few friends that went to those last year and they said that they weren't particularly useful. To be honest, I think you're probably better off spending that time consolidating your own notes, working through past questions etc, because apparently they typically give you practice questions which they just draw out of the past HSC exams which is probably not really worth spending $300 for! Hope that helps!

knitteddy

HSC
I have a few friends that went to those last year and they said that they weren't particularly useful. To be honest, I think you're probably better off spending that time consolidating your own notes, working through past questions etc, because apparently they typically give you practice questions which they just draw out of the past HSC exams which is probably not really worth spending $300 for! Hope that helps!
thanks so much for the info! just out of interest - did you know anyone that went to the economics tutoring at leading edge, and whether it was good? And also - for economics in regards to studying and essays, was it just keeping up to date with concepts learnt in class, finding examples of them in the news and recent times; integrating both well-learnt concepts and these statistics into your essays? Or was there more flair needed, a depth that required much more research in order to be achieved for the essays?

determine

Premium Member
HSC
thanks so much for the info! just out of interest - did you know anyone that went to the economics tutoring at leading edge, and whether it was good? And also - for economics in regards to studying and essays, was it just keeping up to date with concepts learnt in class, finding examples of them in the news and recent times; integrating both well-learnt concepts and these statistics into your essays? Or was there more flair needed, a depth that required much more research in order to be achieved for the essays?
not a problem! no, I don't know anyone that went tutoring at leading edge, unfortunately.

what you've said is almost spot on, except if you're really looking to penetrate band 6 (and when I say penetrate I mean 95+ and potentially state rank), you need to be doing some independent research. you need to be going outside of the textbook, and you need to formulating your own opinions and analysis on the content of the course, what is happening currently in the economic environment, and then including that in your notes!

the notes that I have made (and which I am selling as you know, because I've just sent a sample to you as you requested!) have all this stuff included in them, with a great balance between analysis, independent research and explanations of key concepts, with diagrams to support and facilitate your understanding! :)

hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)