LCM (Thread II) - Spam-Free Organising (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
preamble: in light of the recent posting habits of this community, i'm afraid that our previous LCM thread has been forced to a closure due to the massive amounts of spiced ham ingested during the course of posting. therefore, this LCM (Thread II) thread [henceforth, "this Thread"] shall be kept strictly and completely spiced ham-free, with a zero-tolerance policy [enforced by our most-astute moderators]. consume your spiced ham elsewhere, in designated consumption threads.

purpose: the purpose of this Thread is to gauge the community's availability and to receive suggestions to the upcoming LCM and provide Lexicographer and myself [henceforth, "the organisers"] some idea of when or how we can organise LCM. please post with the following form structure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sample Form

Name: [first name of real name will do]

Unavailabilities: [prefer specific dates, or days of the week. also write specify available dates as definite or indefinite].

Dietary Requirements and Medical Information: [vegetarian and any food allergies]

Preferred Activity 1 (Mid-morning to Midday): [nominate an activity - taking to account lunch will be the main priority]

Preferred Activity 2 (Midday to Afternoon): [nominate an activity]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

conclusion: once the organisers have received the community's forms and suggestions we will try to negotiate and settle dates/activities. we will try to settle on a date sometime during o-week. please reply to this Thread with the above form or with suggestions in a succint and spiced ham-free manner.

sincerely,
the organisers of LCM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: for me, exampla gratia,

Name: Wenhui.

Unavailabilities:
  • unavailable all weekend, with the exception of Sunday the 15th.
  • unavailable due to law camp commitments 18th to 20th inclusive.
  • unavailable due to o-day commitments 25th.
Dietary Requirements and Medical Information: none, except alcohol.

Preferred Activity 1 (Mid-morning to Midday): yum-cha.

Preferred Activity 2 (Midday to Afternoon): karaoke, ice-skating, bowling...

Last edited:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Name: OPal

Unavailabilities: Mon-Fri due to work, possible half-day adventures on friday, otherwise no

weekends are perfectly fine

dietary requirements: i'm fine with anything, as long as its edible ;)

preferred activity: i'm not fussy, k is cool, ice-skating's alrite, wotever, i dun mind

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Excuse me, if you haven't noticed this is actually thread III.

Name: Robert

Unavailable:
  • M~F until 20 February (bridging course)
  • Saturdays (family)
  • Sunday mornings (church - flexible with notice)
  • Wednesday 25 February, UTS O'day
Eats: Meat. Can't do seafood, don't like vegetables. Yum cha is fine, so are Pancakes On The Rocks (I can show you if you don't know where it is).

Activity I: Food. Definitely.

Activity II: Ice Skating sounds good, though I can probably wail my way through K. Bowling looks fun too, though the city has neither of the above. Whatever works.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Sample Form

Name: U know....

Unavailabilities: anytime after the 22nd of feb

Dietary Requirements and Medical Information: Allergy to grass...therefore grass eating is strictly out of the question I beleive.

Preferred Activity 1 (Mid-morning to Midday): whtever u guys like, I'm cool

Preferred Activity 2 (Midday to Afternoon): Play pool somewhere. Well, anywhere except for central billiards

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Name: nancy

Unavailabilities: unavaible till 18th (still overseas). Try to do it during UNSW Open Week please

Dietary Requirements and Medical Information: dont like seafood

Preferred Activity 1 (Mid-morning to Midday): lunch and KARAOKE

Preferred Activity 2 (Midday to Afternoon): KARAOKE... or ice skating or whatever

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
WH you'd better cancel work on Sunday 22 February. It's the only time we have left, since you've all asked not to do that Thursday (27 February)...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
bro, its not as easy as you may think, coz its the first time i'm gonna work there on sundays, so i can't say, nah, i'm not working... :(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Oh, I see. Damn.

Ok, who had objections against Thursday 26 February? We may have to fall back to then...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Name: flyin' ;)

Unavailabilities: 17,20,21,22,24,27,28 :p

Dietary Requirements and Medical Information: None, atm. Except I may be allergic to extravagent food.

Preferred Activity 1 (Mid-morning to Midday): Nothing, in particular.

Preferred Activity 2 (Midday to Afternoon): As per Preferred Activity 1 (It would've been shorter to type the actual Preferred Activity 1)

I'm surprised, so spiced-ham-free.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
wh and me were thinking we do a day during the first week of uni for unsw and uts, where all u guys have a free day. then u can come to my oweek! :D:p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
wh and me were thinking we do a day during the first week of uni for unsw and uts, where all u guys have a free day. then u can come to my oweek! :D:p
Unlike Wen, I don't have a free day. At all, ever. I do, however, finish at 1300 on Fridays. If that helps anything...
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
best. place. ever.
:uhhuh:

Wanna come?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Pancake on the Rocks... did I mention I might be allergic to extravagent food. :p (Well, I guess that place is alright)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lexi, how come u don't have a free day? don't tell me ur timetables mon-fri? :rolleyes:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
does it have to be a full day? i mean, if we all just wanna meet, lets just make it a morning or afternoon at pancakes

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Of course my timetable is M~F. I'm a science major in a designated course. I don't get to choose my subjects or my timetable until next year. That aside, the labs rock, the tutes are fun and the lectures are interesting, which is a LOT more than I can say for your commerce course. :p

inasero

Reborn
HSC
damn looks like even with LCM II i still cannot come due to dates being pushed back~~

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Of course my timetable is M~F. I'm a science major in a designated course. I don't get to choose my subjects or my timetable until next year. That aside, the labs rock, the tutes are fun and the lectures are interesting, which is a LOT more than I can say for your commerce course. :p

comm law, comm law...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)