Law / International Studies (1 Viewer)

Andrew_MM

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get into law/ international studies at Macquarie. This is a new course, but going from the other combined law degrees and last year's cut offs, the UAI will be approximately 95.5.

My UAI was 95.15, but I've also applied for the same course under DFEE, so the UAI drops a bit. So I reckon I'll be accepted.

As I was considering DFEE, I was tempted to choose some of the more sought after Unis, but was scared away by the much higher prices.

Anywho, I plan to combine law with international studies, and continue studying Japanese language, which I quite enjoyed in highschool.

Can anyone who has any experience of law/ international studies from a personal perspective give me a heads up for what I've bought in to? I plan to start revising Japanese tomorrow, but is there any way I can prepare for Law?

Basically, ANY information about law/international studies, from a student at any uni, would be appreciated.

Thanks

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Every uni has an "introduction to law" unit (although the name differs content is generally the same). This unit will get you ready, teach you the skills you need and basic legal history etc... You can't prepare for law that much, what you have done at school in legal studies etc will be covered in a week or two and those who have limited knowledge catch up fast, relax don't start revising now, 1st semester japanese will cover all of HSC 2unit so don;t worry, everyone is starting from the begining, so no need to start studying now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)