Law footnotes (1 Viewer)

A12345

HSC
Hey guys, anybody doing torts LAWS1061 assignment because from the outline I pulled this

Strict word limits will apply to all assessed work. In calculating the number of words, all text, footnotes (including citations of references), tables, and appendices will be included. The bibliography will not be included in the word limit.

Surely footnotes are not included right? I would blow over the word limit by 500 words.. Surely don't want to punish us for referencing deeply, not discursive footnotes, just regular case/journal citations etc...

D94

HSC
N/A
Maybe they are seeing if you can vet out the unnecessary sources.

I'm assuming it's a 1500-2500 word essay - if you have 500 words of footnotes, then you are either putting unnecessary side information in the footnotes, or you may not be effectively using the latin abbreviations.

Deep referencing is not the same as effective referencing/referencing useful, relevant and authoritative sources.

Anyway, best to ask your lecturer or course convenor, but I suspect they will say I what I said.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's not. Unless you write more than necessary like having notes in the bottom.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
That's their default copy and paste section of the course outline. Footnotes that are citations only do not count to word limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)