Law Careers Fair (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
so what happened ? did you learn anything?

I could not go because I have mid semester exams all next week and not all my notes are done :eek:

any information would be much appreciated :)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I went. I now have:

6 USB thumb drives
3 Thermos-es
4 Water bottles
1 Mug
2 Plants (I'm not kidding. BDW had seedlings in their bags.)

... and enough stationary to last me a lifetime. Oh yeah and a bunch of information I guess. It was great!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
I went. I now have:

6 USB thumb drives
3 Thermos-es
4 Water bottles
1 Mug
2 Plants (I'm not kidding. BDW had seedlings in their bags.)
holy crap!

how come the firms splashed out this year? they were pretty tight last year...

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Hicksons was giving out free raffle tickets to win two Wiis, and another firm (I forget which) was raffling off iPod nanos too. I didn't win though.

Kudos to Gadens however for raffling off free job interviews every hour. Now THAT'S catering to your target market!

No idea why no expense seems to have been spared this year. Must have been a good financial year or something :)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Most of it was graduate comments and colourful descriptions detailing exactly when, how and why you would want to sell them your soul, but some of it was surprisingly useful. In particular, I found the in-depth desciption of practice groups and awards/achievements incredibly handy when putting cover letters together. That said, I won't hear back until after 18 April, so the success of these cover letters has yet to be seen.

Some firms (Blake Dawson, Brown Wright Stein) also included interview/application tips in their packages. While most of it is pretty standard stuff, I imagine it would be useful to someone that didn't know the kind of questions to expect heading into 1st round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)