Law/business-units at different uni's (1 Viewer)

karnevil

HSC
straight business @ UTS, first year program is -

--core--
Accounting For Business
Economics for Business
Marketing Foundations
Managing People and Organisations
Business Info Analysis
Business Law and Ethics

--electives--
Intro to Corporate Strategy
International Business

there were two other electives you do if youre gonna do any accounting/finance major.... but I wasn't intending on doin that when I enrolled so I got nfi what those electives are

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
lexi ....u can just call em

parties

modifying party

beneficiaries

A

B

C

promisee

promisor
Mine is much clearer for non-law types. Not to mention "entit[y/ies]" is all-encompassing. :p

dead prez

how many of you non-mac law students does jurisprudence or equivalent in the first year? if not when?

its the best part of your degree...ever!

santaslayer

HSC
what do u do in jurispurendence anyways?..i know unsw offers a B jurispurendence/LLB degree..but seems kinda gay.

its like law, law.......

Ribbon

Originally posted by santaslayer
on;y 1st year subjects!...u went overboard! :p :p :p
ahh but he said he was in first year; and wanted to know what the core subjects for the courses at different unis were.... he didn't nessarily say he wanted the only first year core subjects... ;)

Ribbon

Originally posted by Lexicographer
Torts: "wrongs" against entities
Contracts: agreements between entities
I don't think that is an easy definition to follow... entities suggest business (thats what it makes me think of) and 'wrongs' against entities/others can still be covered by contract law...

Whenever relatives ect. go 'huh' when I say I am studying torts I usually describe torts as a non contractual breach of an obligation you have to another (eg. obligation not to take a positive action to harm them in the case of battery or obligation to act in a manner which regards the safety of your neighbours for negligence) or simply a wrong which is not covered by contract or other law...

not trying to be picky, just trying to help people (and myself)understand better :)

Ribbon

Oh and sorry for the double (now triple) post

My post count is heading skyward :D

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
I don't think that is an easy definition to follow... entities suggest business (thats what it makes me think of) and 'wrongs' against entities/others can still be covered by contract law...

Whenever relatives ect. go 'huh' when I say I am studying torts I usually describe torts as a non contractual breach of an obligation you have to another (eg. obligation not to take a positive action to harm them in the case of battery or obligation to act in a manner which regards the safety of your neighbours for negligence) or simply a wrong which is not covered by contract or other law...

not trying to be picky, just trying to help people (and myself)understand better :)

u doing torts already for ur 1st year?

Ribbon

Originally posted by santaslayer
u doing torts already for ur 1st year?
Yes! Its a great subject, go ANU... keeping the first year students interested :)

santaslayer

HSC
is it hard......i mean from no prior legal knowledge to full hardcore torts is crazy!

Ribbon

Its not really full hardcore torts though... we only do trespass and negligence and if you want to do the more involved ones like defamation ect. there is a later year course you can do...

But then again, I havn't done any other law subjects except for Foundations so I don't really have anything to compare its diffuclty against... maybe I will be pleasently surprised next semester about how easy contracts is (if torts is meant to be hard) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)