Late and Final Round Offers (1 Viewer)

danjw

HSC
Just found out I'm relocating for family reasons etc. and need to transfer to Sydney, choosing to go to USyd, I know there's killer late fees and such so just wanted to make sure if I apply-ATAR well above whats needed for the course, I will get into a bachelor of Science considering I'll be guaranteed to be considered only for final round?
It won't fill up or anything?

Very scared here haha

nonald_rand

HSC

engineering

HSC
N/A
V - absolutely guarantees there will be second round offers (if the applicants meet the standard).

No V - offers can still be made. Most unis make second round offers in most courses exept the most popular ones.

It is also unlikely that unis apply a higher cut off for second round compared to first.

Hello!

I think generally for late round offers, you can only get in if it has a vacancy, or unless someone defers or does not accept the offer.

Vacancies for 2013 are on this site: http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/atar-ib-op-cut-offs.shtml

Aaaaand it looks like you're in luck, there are BSc vacancies :) and I don't think you'll need a higher ATAR because it's late.

Hope this helps!

danjw

HSC
Awesome, what about final round (just out of curiosity) same deal? Will they put the vacancies up?

danielau

HSC
V - absolutely guarantees there will be second round offers (if the applicants meet the standard).

No V - offers can still be made. Most unis make second round offers in most courses exept the most popular ones.

It is also unlikely that unis apply a higher cut off for second round compared to first.
Hi when you say absolutely guarantee second round offers "if they meet the standard" what do you mean by this? Can you please help me out here:
AFTER the OFFERS were given for the MAIN ROUND and I changed my preferences the UAC Cut off list showed the course I want to do with a cut off of 75.00. Is this cut off the cut off used in deciding the MAIN ROUND offers? OR is that the atar REQUIRED to be CONSIDERED in the LATE ROUND offers? My atar is 0.6 above the atar that was listed after the main round cut off was updated on the website. What are my chances of being offered such a course in the late round? thanks in advance oh it also vacancy next to 75.00

engineering

HSC
N/A
Courses without a listed vacancy still have the potential to make an offer. If you change preferences, change pretences to what you want to do. If they do end up making offers, you don't want to miss out.

Hello!

I think generally for late round offers, you can only get in if it has a vacancy, or unless someone defers or does not accept the offer.

Vacancies for 2013 are on this site: http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/atar-ib-op-cut-offs.shtml

Aaaaand it looks like you're in luck, there are BSc vacancies :) and I don't think you'll need a higher ATAR because it's late.

Hope this helps!

engineering

HSC
N/A
What I mean by "if they make the standard"' is that it would be extremely unlikely the mark would go down (I have never seen this happen)

danielau

HSC
What I mean by "if they make the standard"' is that it would be extremely unlikely the mark would go down (I have never seen this happen)
Oh ok. Anyways what do you think are my chances of being offered this course if my atar was 0.6 above the main round offer? I know most courses atar skyrockets in this round ><

danjw

HSC
If you look at the 5th comment in this thread engineering said "It is also unlikely that unis apply a higher cut off for second round compared to first."
I don't mean to speak for him but yeah! I assume it would be the same for final round?

danielau

HSC
If you look at the 5th comment in this thread engineering said "It is also unlikely that unis apply a higher cut off for second round compared to first."
I don't mean to speak for him but yeah! I assume it would be the same for final round?
Im actually waiting for the late round not final round! But when I look at last years atar cut offs. The atar cut off increased in the late round from main round so not sure why he thinks he doesnt change :/

danjw

HSC
Oh yeah you're right I just looked but that is only for some courses and it seemed to be very little change for the ones I looked at? Some dropped also!

danielau

HSC
Oh yeah you're right I just looked but that is only for some courses and it seemed to be very little change for the ones I looked at? Some dropped also!
yeah haha:p Some dropped but the ones that did dropped were very very little drops XD Some increased by a decimal place but I've seen some like media/commerce iirc that went up 3-5 whole points! Hopefully this years atar will mirror last years and the course I want went up 0.35. Fingers crossed x-x

engineering

HSC
N/A
Oh ok. Anyways what do you think are my chances of being offered this course if my atar was 0.6 above the main round offer? I know most courses atar skyrockets in this round ><
Remember what is usually published is the cut off, which is the ATAR of the lowest person offered a spot. It does not necessarily mean that a person with a lower cut off would not have got an offer if he/she had applied.

If only one person got an offer in the second round last year, and his ATAR was 99, then it would say 99, and usually this explains why late round ATARs appear to sky rocket.

That said though, if they have a lot of applicants, they might not want to offer a place to everyone over the original ATAR, but Given the course has a vacancy listed, this is less likely.

However you will only know for sure when the offers come out next week, and you have no opportunity now to influence the decision. Distract your mind with Australia Day long weekend events.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^ Apparently it works - however, it does not state what course you have been offered. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)