Lady GaGa's new single. (1 Viewer)

glache

HSC
N/A
Not one of her best moments considering how much hype was surrounding it, making everyone raise their expectations unrealisatically
+1. I liked Bad Romance so much better. In fact, I just like Fame Monster so much better overall, though I think that's just because I'm attracted to music that explores dark themes and emotions.

her voice cracks so bad in firework and thats after editing.
Yeah it's way out of her range.

HSC
Never really got this whole Lady GaGa business. She seems like a famous junky.
um in what way has she portrayed herself as a drug addict

you might be confusing her with a ke$ha who is a confirmed very smart girl and possible massive cockslut alcoholic

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I fucking hate Pink so much

*SO MUCH*

I'm going to write a song about the leader of the free world and pretend like I know that it's an easy thing to do compared to being an alcoholic or drug user ohwaithealreadydidthattoobutnevermindI'mretardedasfucklet'sputitontheairwavesanyway

hate everyone everything sucks going to listen to Animal Collective instead

NewiJapper

HSC
zombie omie jay said:
what did i just watch
Don't even know hey. I was completely in a state of WTF the entire video.

I did enjoy the Rainbow Unicorn Attack reference though haha

glache

HSC
N/A
Yeah I don't know either. Everything pretty much went downhill in terms of music videos, from Telephone onwards. And that's such an MJ reference at the end, with the white gloves.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate lady gaga's music
And that whole genre tbh

Top 40 ugh

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the only people who like lady gaga are the ones who still can't differentiate real artistic merit and a lady who acts like a freakin lunatic

glache

HSC
N/A
the only people who like lady gaga are the ones who still can't differentiate real artistic merit and a lady who acts like a freakin lunatic
You know, that's what I used to think. But what made me a fan is that she really is talented--just Youtube vintage Gaga and you'll see what I mean. She is also classically trained and makes references to classical music in her songs--one of Bach's fugues is (horribly) sped up in the Bad Romance video, Csardas is the violin part in Alejandro, she quoted Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor in her Grammy performance of Born This Way....so yes, there is intelligence underneath the show. It's just such a pity that she feels she has to act this way--and in no small part thanks to today's society, which values outrageousness over merit (Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton anyone?)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's just such a pity that she feels she has to act this way--and in no small part thanks to today's society
I agree with pretty much everything you've said. Though in regards to this, what she's done is created an image, just like Elvis, Michael Jackson, Alice Cooper etc. before her. The spectacle of art so to speak. I'd say her whole image is a remarkable testament to her good business skills.

HSC
Tbh I usually like her video clips more than her songs (or rather, watching the video clips obsessively makes me like the songs), so I'm waiting for that to come out.
Her tunes hardly live up to her awesome live performaces and video clips. Bad Romance and Paparazzi were pretty good but Born This Way is just bland. I really liked the video though.

HSC
Her tunes hardly live up to her awesome live performaces and video clips. Bad Romance and Paparazzi were pretty good but Born This Way is just bland. I really liked the video though.
Yeah agree. Speechless is a good song though.

Is it just me (undoubtedly yes), or does everybody get wet from the tuxedo monster guy in the video clip for this?

crazysexycool

HSC
The saddest thing about Lady Gaga is that she is relatively talented (watch a perf. of Speechless or Acoustic Paparazzi/Poker Face) but chooses to dress/promote herself as an attention whore/freak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)