Labs/Tuts/lec (1 Viewer)

shanks27

HSC
does it matter if your labs, tuts and lectures are all back to back i.e no time to get anywhere in between, or do they not mind if u are a bit late?

LordPc

HSC
I do believe they end something like 10 minutes early so allow people to get to thier next class on time

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
if not, then u should be VERY WARY of where ur lectures are held at, because if one lecture is at the front of the campus and the next one right at the back. Then u are screwed.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
That is correct.

At least for my mats1101 and phys1121 labs last year, we had to finish everything within 15 mins of official ending hour.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
That is correct.

At least for my mats1101 and phys1121 labs last year, we had to finish everything within 15 mins of official ending hour.
bear in mind that lectures are very long, boring and tiring.

in labs, the time goes quickly because normally you are madly rushing around to get stuff done

with tutes it depends entirely on the tutor, but generally they are less tiring than lectures.

i reckon a 1 hour lecture feels longer than a 3 hour lab

so if you can, put breaks between lectures; but don't worry about putting breaks between tutes or labs

hope this helps :)

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
depends on the lecturer/tutor you have, some like to finish right on time, or others go a little past. If it is a lecture, you could always just walk out at 5 to or 10 to, otherwise you'll end up late like me, if you have to walk from Science Theatre to Biomed

Morbo

HSC
For all my lectures and tutorials last year they ended them at '5 to' giving you atleast 10 minutes to get to your next class (which start at '5 past'). If you really need to you can always leave a little earlier if you have a bastard lecturer or tutorial.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
does it matter if your labs, tuts and lectures are all back to back i.e no time to get anywhere in between, or do they not mind if u are a bit late?
When I first started I felt the same way. Really, all the lecturers know about back to back classes and they always finish 5 min early to allow you to get to the next class. Then they always start 5 min later.

At UNSW, the only trouble is if you have to go from lower campus like Chem, physics, law to all the way to Biology, med building, or pyschology and the Clancy, then you are likely to be 2-3 min late (and a bit sweaty in summer). All in all, it's good exercise.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
i choose to bail if i think i need time to get to my next class, but sometimes the lecturers pleads with us to hang back just a little longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)