Kpmg (1 Viewer)

ihgjuk

HSC
=candii= said:
btw i think you were changed to friday coz i couldnt make it on friday n they contacted me on tuesday so i couldnt attend wednesdays one either :p
lol, that went straight over my head.. lol.. thanks for the reassurement.. i hope i dont get any situational Qs.. Ive spent all arvo trying to think of a situation where i inspired someone, and resolved conflict.. and a bunch of other bs..

good luck 2 every1 for 2moz!

=candii=

HSC
=candii= said:
btw i think you were changed to friday coz i couldnt make it on friday n they contacted me on tuesday so i couldnt attend wednesdays one either :p
ahaha lol sorry dude i think i was a bit tired last night :p

theadland

HSC
Has anyone received a MMA cadetship with KPMG yet? If so then when was your interview. *anxious*

ihgjuk

HSC
did mine today.. im assuming i didnt get it cuz they havenmt called yet and apparantly they call same day

khooper

HSC
hey! i was just trying to decide between which cadetship to take up, and I was looking for a KPMG cadet to answer some questions?
(1) how many hours a week are you allowed to take off to go to uni lectures
(2) are the hours taken off for uni lectures, study leave, and exam leave paid?
and lol. on a more trivial note...
(3) how hard is it to find parking around the KPMG building. (i figured if I'm going to be having to go to uni all the time straight from work it might be time to start learning how to drive)

and also..
(4) how many days (and hours) a week do you have to go to uni after work and is it actually all that stressful?

thanks in advance for anyone who replies :D

ihgjuk

HSC
the partner guy called me himself just now.. from his mobile.. I got it :)

=candii=

HSC
ihgjuk said:
the partner guy called me himself just now.. from his mobile.. I got it :)
CONGRATZZ!! haha thats so cool! *hi 5* ill see you on monday night :)

haha now read your last couple of posts and laugh at how nervous you sound :p

theadland

HSC
So many on this thread did so well!
I got the call also
I will see you on Monday...

=candii=

HSC
seremify007 said:
I wonder how many spots for KPMG were offered this year... any ideas?
wellll on the slide show presentation thing there was about 30 (or was it 40? =S) for audit and for the rest of the divisions there was like 8, 6...2 even.

btw i forgot to rsvp today by phone...but yesterday when the lady told me i got it...she told me to come to the monday night thing and that the information would be sent through the mail...it should be okay though shouldnt it? =S

Last edited:

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
i think it should be fine! i doubt there'd be a fuss.
everyone seems to have got a phone call to tell them they got in, but i didnt, just the letter (if that's what you can call it...jeez it was more like a full business portfolio). hmm, interesting ay. anyone else here from IRM?

and in terms of the number of offers, i think audit was 30, IRM was two, and yeh candii was right, about 3-8 for the rest of them. so i think about 40 in total?
:)

ihgjuk

HSC
42 in total.. 8 in MMA.. not sure about the rest. The partner who called me was like, your supposed to rsvp, but your not gonna get the info till monday, so dont bother, just rock up..
Whats in the stuff they send you?
also did anyone who was there on friday get an offer? I might know you.. I'm julian, if anyone remembers me.. Cya all on monday!

Soda_Can

HSC
its just a contract, some ICAA stuff and conflict of interest etc. in a leather folder, with a pen, and your name on a KPMG business card..

knighted_knave

HSC
toffee123 said:
no idea, i have a friend who went today but haven't heard from him yet. But I can bet on one guy at my table who probably got an offer.
was that that bloke who seemed to know the trainees?

toffee123

HSC
i dnno lol, his name was mitchell i think?

so what did everyone think of tonight? the sorbet (or mocktails or wateva you call them) was so yum!!met many cool ppl, will be a great place to work.

I sent my contract back today lol, yes im eager to work there! who else will be joining me?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mike Ockisard said:
im pretty naive about this and i want to learn more

what do accountants actually do? is it just number crunching? i cant imagine how anyone would WANT to do the exact same thing day in, day out

anyway i havent really been able to find much info on what accountants actually do, apart from textbook spiels which dont say too much at all, so if anyones able to fill me in - a fair few of you in here seem enthusiastic about it - that'd be fantastic
Which division are you interested in?

Remember, there's a distinct difference between a book keeper and an "accountant".

punned

HSC
hey guys, congrats on all you ppl in sydney who got the kpmg offers

down here in melbourne, the first round interviews start this week

i was wondering if any one could shed some light on what kinda stuff they ask you in the first round interview with the manager ? the lady who called me said it the interview was 'behavioural and just going through your application'. What does she mean by behavioural? does that imply a group task where they observe your interactions? or just like questions asking you ' what would you do if..."..

any other tips would be great cos IRM @ kpmg looks freakin good.

ihgjuk

HSC
the first interview asked me a whole bunch of random scenarios. like "tell me about a time when you..... showed good leadership skills, teamwork, etc etc etc.. nothing you can really prepare for.. you just have to think about what they might be looking for and tailor your answer to suit.

the rest is pretty easy. people told me the interview with the partner would be easy, but i didnt believe them, sure enough it was really easy, quite relaxed.

hopefully we'll see you down in melbourne next year for the induction thing!

ihgjuk

HSC
whos accepted? I got a call today, telling me to hurry up and accept, but i already sent it yesterday.. anyone not accepting?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Mike Ockisard said:
im really not sure to be hoenst, i dont know a lot about it and cant seem to find much info on it

id like to do something interesting (which is obviously subjective) and something with a lot of interaction/communication with people..
Sounds like audit would be a good starting point for you :). The work, is interesting because you get to read interesting things (assuming you're in a division you are interested in- eg. entertainment or army), and it's quite straightforward- but there is A LOT of interaction/communication with both clients and your team as you try to find out why there are discrepancies/anomalities in their financial data.... you also get to hear some pretty interesting stories as to why something is wrong. I'm yet to come across a "I have no idea"!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)