Kevin Rudd Student Computer Rebate (1 Viewer)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Has anything happened to this?

I'm about to buy a new $1500 laptop for school, and i remember him saying that he'll rebate $600 or something.

Googled and the only thing that came up was when he said it in Nov 07

Last edited:

gazzalite751

HSC
From what I hear, I don't think he's actually put it into motion yet, but it's on his agenda list. Most other students I know are talking about it and they're not so sure it's going to happen cause it was just a way for Rudd to gain votes..rofl.

Well yeah, from what I know, nothing's been put on offer yet. So yeah..

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
gazzalite751 said:
From what I hear, I don't think he's actually put it into motion yet, but it's on his agenda list. Most other students I know are talking about it and they're not so sure it's going to happen cause it was just a way for Rudd to gain votes..rofl.

Well yeah, from what I know, nothing's been put on offer yet. So yeah..
It's going to happen it's just that other higher education needs are currently under higher priority review such as VSU. So it's a question of when since he's kept up with all his promises to date.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There probally won't be any substantial movement on it until the federal budget in May.

Also the exact policy needs to be cleared up as there appears to be a lot of misinformation out there. Many students seem to think they are all going to just be given a $1000 cheque from the government or something. This isn't the case.

It is a tax refund avaliable to parents who are eligible for Family Tax Benefit (Part A) where they can claim 50% of the value of 'education expenses' (computer, education software, books etc) up to a limit of $750 for primary students and $1500 for secondary students.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
Unfortunately, you have fallen into the trap of taking everything a politician says as 100% truth.

IF it ever happens, it will be well after you finish school.
Just curious if its gonna be another lie, if it is i still want the new fibre-optic network.

So should I buy a computer now and will i get anything back? (I'm on youth allounce so i should be elligable?)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Studentleader said:
Just curious if its gonna be another lie, if it is i still want the new fibre-optic network.

So should I buy a computer now and will i get anything back? (I'm on youth allounce so i should be elligable?)
Not at the moment, since their are no details about it and it hasn't been established yet.

boris

Banned
HSC
Go and buy a laptop and pay full price like everybody else has to, you damned cheap skates.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
If flaming continues i'll just have to delete this thread,

I will be buying a laptop regardless, was just wondering if there was any updates of which there are none.

dzth

HSC
there was a thread earlier saying that rudd won't be buying laptops.
pfft

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Studentleader said:
If flaming continues i'll just have to delete this thread,

I will be buying a laptop regardless, was just wondering if there was any updates of which there are none.
Um kinda random offtopic question, is Calculas its own subject in Perth?

And yeah i hope this rebate thing comes before i finish, cause i really want a good laptop :)

meli8melo

HSC
hi my name is melissa im writing just to say that this should come in soon. i have just finished grade 9 and the older i get the need for my own personal laptop gets more important. i hope he brings in this computer rebate deal soon because i need my own computer and they are a little expensive. thnx 4 reading

iEdd

HSC
No they are cheap as, especially if you get a PC laptop.

I remember that they were expensive when the "grown ups" of the days paid $7000 for them.

HSC
meli8melo said:
hi my name is melissa im writing just to say that this should come in soon. i have just finished grade 9 and the older i get the need for my own personal laptop gets more important. i hope he brings in this computer rebate deal soon because i need my own computer and they are a little expensive. thnx 4 reading
okay :spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)