Katich will never wear the baggy green while Clarke is captain (1 Viewer)

viraj30

HSC
the team must have guys like warner and most important shane watson!!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
the team must have guys like warner and most important shane watson!!
Warner's temperament is terrible and not at all suited to tests.

Watto's gone downhill ever since he was named vice-captain.

viraj30

HSC
Warner's temperament is terrible and not at all suited to tests.

Watto's gone downhill ever since he was named vice-captain.
these guys have the potential to make the team win..watson is the best all rounder we have ever had..warner aced clt20, he should be given a chance in tests

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
these guys have the potential to make the team win..watson is the best all rounder we have ever had..warner aced clt20, he should be given a chance in tests
Best Aus allrounder title goes to Keith Miller.

Success in T20 =/= success in tests. Warner's being given a chance in ODIs (even now) and he's flopping terribly.

viraj30

HSC
well they didnt have ODIs during keith miller's days and watson still has better stats than him..warner is shit in ODIs but he is ruthless in t20

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
well they didnt have ODIs during keith miller's days and watson still has better stats than him..warner is shit in ODIs but he is ruthless in t20
m8, the focus is on Tests, not ODIs.

Do you understand what I am saying?

Warner's good at T20. Nothing more. He's already failing at ODI level, what makes you think he has any ability to survive Test?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I think the only reason Warner's getting time in T20 and ODIs is because of that magical 88 he did against South Africa... that was... amazing.

viraj30

HSC
watto's still better..i agree of warner though but someone experienced needs to replace ponting, hussey when they retire! i miss symonds!!

twistedrebel

HSC
best all arounder for australia in recent times was probably steve waugh.

twistedrebel

HSC
watsons had what 2 good summers and he's already 30, and seems like he is breaking down again.

viraj30

HSC
not just stats..but most of it! if u are in form but dont turn up in a team meeting then u aint no good cricketer

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
watto's still better..i agree of warner though but someone experienced needs to replace ponting, hussey when they retire! i miss symonds!!
Marsh, Khawaja, we're covered somewhat.

watsons had what 2 good summers and he's already 30, and seems like he is breaking down again.
Yep.

not just stats..but most of it! if u are in form but dont turn up in a team meeting then u aint no good cricketer
What exactly is your point?

BRING BACK KATICH I SAY!
Drop Ponting, drop Hughes, drop Clarke. All inconsistent.

Michael Hussey or Shane Watson for captain.
A callup to Katich now would be a bandaid solution and would definitely not happen.
Ponting's been okay and his experience is invaluable to a squad with new players. But definitely questions over Hughes (esp) and Clarke.

Hussey is 36 so no and Watto is in poor form following his appointment as vice.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Katich over Hughes any day of the week! Katich was (probably still is), our best test match batsman since 2008. He's scored the most runs, been consistent throughout and helped build an innings with usually insured stability at the top. I have a feeling were gonna miss him in South Africa and probably in the home series against India as well. Hopefully Inverarity gets some sense and selects Katich again!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hughes is way to inconsistent imo. Has a lot of potential but needs to play more first class for NSW and build up experience before being a full-fledged fixture in the national team.

wizzle_wazzle

HSC
Punter forever.

What about Dan Smith! Anyone see him play today? Superb stuff... albeit at N.S Oval.

michaeljennings

HSC
Punter forever.

What about Dan Smith! Anyone see him play today? Superb stuff... albeit at N.S Oval.
NS is a tiny oval but his innings was amazing!! Cant take that away from him. If only victoria had scored more runs he coulda gotten 200! BTW whats the highest score for a domestic player in the one day comp? I remember jimmy maher scoring about 180 when QLD scored 400 against WA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)