just wondering, what's your uai goal range & course preference? (1 Viewer)

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
skankit said:
i dunno bout other ppl but im aiming high because thats what weve been taught since like yr 7 at my school, they dont outright say it but you get the impression that anything below like 98 is crap.
yeah i reckon, same here with my school, quite the sucks. when you go to a school that you're ranked 99th in the grade and your UAI estimate is almost 97 it does put the pressure on.. just a *little*. it does give you a bit of a warped perspective on UAIs/HSC in general

adrianp

im aiming for 70 lol and i dont think ill get it :(

Bachelor of Computer Science at UWS or
Beachelor of IT at UWS

dezzy

HSC
Im aiming for 90 for B Arts (psychology)/ B Communication & Media (advertising n marketing)

I wont settle for second best either Board of studies so REMEMBER THAT! Mwahaha!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Apparently bach arts at sydney uni wasnt very good if you want to get into journalism. Was speaking to the son of the editor of the smh and he said that they have a bias towards unsw;.strange

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Lol, was >90 a year ago, went down to 85 about 6 months ago and now it's anywhere over 80 -_-

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i need at the absolute least 80.

I want 95

but i would really like >90.

Wanna do B Law/B Science @ ANU

raidan

HSC
N/A
WTF MATE?!
you guys have mega happy super high expectations, im aiming for 72
its gonna be mega hard on you if u dont get those high UAI's if u expect to much from urself

somborac

HSC
im aiming at 99.95, i feel confident ill get that, what can i say, all of yous are aiming to low....jk....i wanna get 81.25 for B Arts in Sports and Exercise Managments

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
my first preference is international communications at mac uni... i need abt 94-95 to get in, 2nd is international business which i need above 90 to get into..

i would be really happy with anything over 90 really..

aidan910

HSC
christ... i must be a dead shit compared to you guys... lol.. all i need is 53 to get into la trobe lol..... for a bachelor of business... i wouldnt mind getting around 70. so then i can maybe do a bachelor of business marketing at charles sturt....

us country folk dont have easy access to the big city uni's so we dont need the big UAI's to get into the country uni's.....

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i want to get over 99 uai, although i only need 98.25 to get into my course, which is mechatronic space engineering at syd uni

if i get 99.95 lol, i get an auto scholarship, so yes that would be nice....but no way!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Double degree of B Music (Music Studies)/B Arts at the CON = UAI + INTERVIEW needed

Uai range of 86+

But B Music doesn't need a uai cutoff. I'm more asking for a "PLEASE give me an E4 for my music courses!!!"

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
ez_19 said:
when you go to a school that you're ranked 99th in the grade and your UAI estimate is almost 97 it does put the pressure on.. just a *little*
holy crap are you people serious?? I go to a public High School and they'd be lucky to get even five people with a UAI of over 90 in a grade out of 120 I'm hoping for 95+ (I got dux of my school) but its not the end of the world if I don't get it

lauren_carter27

Colossal Member
HSC
I want whatever UAI will be needed for law/communication at Newcastle - 2004 cut-off was 92.15 :mad: . I'm so not going to get that. I'll be happy with 85+.

Who else is deferring?

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
hey Lauren, im aiming for 90 in the hope of getting into medicine. Isn't it so crapy that we need doctors in rural areas yet its so difficult to become one. The HSC does not determine how you will be as a doctor its how you are in practice and how u respond to people. Are you passionate about law or just going in for the sake of it?

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
hey callisto. what school do you go to in Newcastle if u dont mind me asking?

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
skankit said:
i think im just gonna do arts because it looks fun and its over in 3yrs so then i can do another degree if i decide what i wanna do. i put arts/law at usyd as my first preference, just, because. i know i wont get in, but its fun to dream sometimes hehe
lol exactly the same as me - i put arts/law at usyd as 1st
*laughs at the prospect of getting 99.6....... then cries*
I reckon if I'm lucky I could get 95 but yeah im probably just gonna do arts at syd for the same reasons as u skankit

edit: btw if i do arts i wanna do:
music (composition units)
linguistics
philosophy
history
about 1 million other ones.... dammit

Last edited:

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
hello there bahodl. Do you have any idea how i can post a new thread to sell some texts books. Help please>>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)