just curious... (1 Viewer)

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
hi ! just wondering if anyone is doing [or has done] 3 or more either science or social science subjects? if so, which ones, and which one did you have most trouble with? and why did you choose to do so many of one type of course?

j.u.l.i.e

the maximum is 6 units of science
i do bio, phy and chem
i think i'm having trouble wif physics the most, coz its so theory based
i guess bio and chem are too, but they are pretty logical in the theory
im more mathematical and was hoping it to be more like the lasy syllabus, but wrong!
the more english-based, the less scaling it is i guess

scruffy012

HSC
yeah ive just done 6U of science (phys, Chem, and Bio) and also i do 2U social sci as u put it (Ancient History), its not that hard just keep up to the pace of the subjects and you wont fall down in the ranks

scruffy

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i did chem bio, ancient history and modern history..............its not that bad.....its alot of memorising though and practice practicfe practice.........

edit: at first i had a bit of trouble with chem..........then everything clicked in.....but i really liked the subjects and thats why i did well in them.........dont choose anyhting u dont like just coz ppl tell it it gets scaled up........that may be true but ull hate yr 12.......

believe2005

wtfbbq
HSC
im in year 11/12 this year, and im doing all 3 social sciences. ie. economics, legal , and business. i think all 3 are interrelated to a minor extent which helps, but yeah u gotta memorise allota crap.

doing pretty good in them all, economics will prolly be most challenging, but coming first for all of them in yr 11 is a good sign :p

elisabeth

HSC
My mate does CAFS, society & culture and legal studies... basically because they're interesting to her.

Apparently doing CAFS & S&C is good because they overlap a bit - less to learn. But there's still a crapload to learn, like with any three 2 unit subjects. Legal studies has a lot of definitions. It's like that even for some other subjects - like bio and geography, even though one's a science and the other isn't...

Whatever subjects you choose, i hope you're doing them because they interest you...

lala2

Banned
HSC
I know a girl who did 4 life science courses: EES, Bio, Geog and PDHPE. Needless to say, she did really well in all cos they all overlapped

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I did bio, chem and physics - I found physics the most difficult. I suppose it is true that the more english based the worse scaling (chem>phys>bio).
So Mr Eazy, you accelerated in bio?
Having said that I went just as well in economics as any of the sciences yet I did no other social sciences So to a certain extent the sciences overlap and each one adds to the others - but if you apply yourself and have interest in a certain one I doubt that you'd be disadvantaged much. As the HSC science syllabus is fairly prescriptive a broad scientific knowledge base won't come in that handy.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
wow...so quite a few ppl do complete 3 sci or 3 social sci... so i guess none of you guys regretted choosing those subjects. personally, i hate social sci subjects, but that's mainly becuase i hate the teachers.

i feel better now, i'm not the only person doing 3 sci subjects.... -.-" though i'm really lacking in physics. any tips on how to improve? i really bludged yr 11, and now i'm so lost. the concepts are so confusing

S

Shuter

mr EaZy said:
i did bio (94)
Nice, what do you estimate your raw mark was for it?

I did Bio, Physics, and Economics (ext 1,2 Maths and aEng were the others)
Bio I topped, eco 2nd, physics 3rd. So I'm looking forward to getting my bio marks back hopefully, I was banking on above 90 and hopefully up around 93+

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I did bio, chem and physics, I found physics by far the most annoying.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I did bio, chem and physics, I found physics by far the most annoying.
i guess that pretty much goes for eveyone else who does physics. of course, minus the people who actually understand it, goddammit !

sigh... they should scale physics up more. it's too complicated. sometimes i wonder if i was better off choosing maths ext. 2 than sticking with physics...

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
i wonder if i was better off choosing maths ext. 2 than sticking with physics...
I did both..... no, no ext2 maths is not better.... unless some wicked scaling happens to occur to my fairly poor exam performance.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
I did both..... no, no ext2 maths is not better.... unless some wicked scaling happens to occur to my fairly poor exam performance.
sure? but then maths ext 2 scales much higher than physics

S

Shuter

table for 1 said:
sure? but then maths ext 2 scales much higher than physics
Yes but I'm needing about 30% raw ext2 to scale higher than 80% raw in Physics... looking unlikely.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Yes but I'm needing about 30% raw ext2 to scale higher than 80% raw in Physics... looking unlikely.
how do you work that out?

plah... doing so crap in physics that any subject would be better...i don't know about english though. thats coming really close. i hate english. well, not really. i just hate the part where you have to repsond to texts and write essays. which is basically all we do now.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
Shuter said:
Because that's what I estimate I got in the exams, and one of those has to count.
but how do you know you need to be getting higher than "about 30% raw ext2 to scale higher than 80% raw in Physics" ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)