Jumping Ship from a Big 4 bank to IB (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I was wondering if any of guys know any people, or have actually moved from a big 4 bank to an IB? I'd like to work in sales and trading (my background has been in risk management at an IB, and middle office and front office quanting at a big 4).

khosanman

HSC
Shouldnt be a problem mate. Looks pretty good to IBs big 4 experience and bank experience. Are you doing CFA or CA? If you have or are part way through a CFA or CA, you're set.

I think they would even like a CPA

khosanman

HSC
Actually for sales and trading Id imagine CFA would be best. But at the end of the day they can see your a clued in guy having worked in those areas you previously have experience and would have a good broad financial knowledge. So have a crack, I really think you are in a fantastic position and wish I was in the same.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
In the US it's extremely difficult to go from big 4 to IB (without an MBA) while in Canada and UK CA's and ACA's are revered.

Dunno what its like in Aus though.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
I mean a Big 4 bank, eg CBA. I plan on doing a Masters in Quantitative Finance rather than CFA.

khosanman

HSC
ahh ok. Well it shouldnt be a problem. I mean the staff has to come from somewhere. What better place then another bank, even if its not an IB. Plus by the sounds of what you wrote you have worked in an IB before. I really dont see an issue with it. And im at one of the bulge bracket banks, in a crap ass position, but nevertheless i see what goes on.

jpsnail

HSC
Hey guys, first post!

What about moving from a 2nd tire/top 50 firm to IB then? Would it be impossible to do if say I have my CA qualification and in the process of doing a master of applied finance.

Work history would be maing tax/accounting works.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
jpsnail said:
Hey guys, first post!

What about moving from a 2nd tire/top 50 firm to IB then? Would it be impossible to do if say I have my CA qualification and in the process of doing a master of applied finance.

Work history would be maing tax/accounting works.
Hard, but anything is possible. You could apply as a grad after your maf :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
§eraphim said:
I mean a Big 4 bank, eg CBA. I plan on doing a Masters in Quantitative Finance rather than CFA.
LOL... now it makes more sense. I was going to say... if it was the other Big4, there's a lot of movement in that direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)