• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Journeys speech (help!!!!!!!!) (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Moonlite said:
The thing is, my teacher doesn't want us to include other (or any) texts.... My question is:

" Prepare an engaging speech where you capture specific aspects of a journey. Your speech should include reflections about your experiences. These reflections could be emotional, intellectual and/or spiritual insights gained as a result of the journey. "

But I dont have any "experiences" that are interesting enough to elaborate on for 4 minutes... does anyone please have any ideas?? And by the way, the experiences can be made up.

I'd be really grateful for any help or ideas at all!

the question is a sort of link to the Genii loci...text 7....stimulus booklet: "spiritual insight" do u have a genni loci (spirit of the place) for example, a place were u can go and escape everyhting around u were u feel nourished and purified, like ex: staring at the sunrise from ur 3rd floor balcony. "A journey across the world, through the jungles of Africa, across the Deserts of Arabia, through the sea of antarctica......"

you coukd make up a whole load of interesting stuff, and then explain what u've learnt...(importance of travel, longing for home, new experience).... and in the end u could have a surprise were u could say "the best journey is for free" i.e ur journey across the world was in ur mind, and therefore was for free

these r just my ideas, in an attempt to help u.
Good luk anyways. I still have an assessment i gotta do. A 10-15 minute speech on the journey of the imagination, reffering to at least 6 texts/no palm cards allowed, must be a multimedia presentation (ahhhhhhhhh) + due wednesday.....................

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
lol (bak) or u could just speak about the journey of life, from ur childhood to where u r now, i'm sure u've learnt and experienced somethingin ur life. The journey of depression (moral: It wont increase ur marks)

Hitting younger brother on head (moral learnt: he'll grow big and strong and hit u bak harder)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)