Jodi Picoult (1 Viewer)

BamBam90

HSC
maiko said:
Hi all. I'm new to the Jodi Picoult arena, and I started with her latest novel-CHANGE OF HEART which just absolutely blew me away. It's been recommended to me by a friend, and now I recommend it to everyone. I think what's best about it is that despite the seriousness and intimate issues she explores, Picoult never fails to add humour and comedic moments, ohhh especially from MAGGIE'S pov:lol: (God love her! made me laugh endless times)

OK, OK SO BEFORE YOU ALL SHUT ME DOWN AND SAY, "Blah blah blah. You're boring." *YAWNS*, HERE'S THE REAL REASON WHY I LOVED THE BOOK: What's made it more brilliant- specially for me as a HSC student- is that it's made me see how the stuff and subjects we're learning in class actually ARE (in a way-and mind you, at this stage, any way counts) useful in the real world. Lol you've probably figured by now that yes, I'm one of those who ask 'when the f*ck am i ever going to use integration and differentiation in the real world?! its not like im going to go up to buy asian food during happy hour and start integrating to calculate the twenii dola im going to pay for my 10 take away boxes, am i?!' (dooont worry, i am asian myself:argue: ), and ahh yes, one who also thinks that English is just a mere So You Think You Can Bullshit? competition. *bash*

But anyhoo, I seriously surprised myself as I sat there :read:-ing the book and just- :eek:!!!! OMG look, its the dude i doodled on in my Religion book! What's his face...ummm...yes!...Maimonides! Pikuah Nefesh! Oh, oh look! Mitigating and aggravating circumstances! Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day! *faints*

Plus!, it's soooo good and sooo universal that I used it as an ORT for both my "imaginative journeys" extended response, and my "telling the truth" module. i know, i know.. i said English can go die, but meh, i gots to do what i gots to do;) it helps ALOT if u talk about things that you're passionate about..gets u "into it" and before you know it, VIOLA! u have out-bullshitted the rest!:lol:

.: I give it ten thumbs up. :D
LOL! *hugs*

hjp.

HSC
ive only read a couple of her books, enjoyed them, but is JP as good as people make her out to be?
yeah, i think she's fairly amazing.
my sisters keeper was the first one i read - its the twist at the end that really gets you, i sobbed so hard.

the pact got to me, after i read it i would find myself thinking about it all the time.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ive only read a couple of her books, enjoyed them, but is JP as good as people make her out to be?
she is fucking trash. bland popular fiction aimed at teenage girls. i read about 30pages of the tenth circle because i had to and i almost threw it in the bin. full of stupid cringe-worthy teen angst.

HSC
-My sisters keeper
-The pact
-Plain truth
-Tenth circle
-Mercy
-Picture perfect
-Vanishing acts
-Nineteen minutes
-perfect match

My favourite was defined Nineteen Minutes. I did my PIP based on it.
It will always be the greatest book to me.

The pact would have to be my 2nd fave then probably my sister keeper.

just finished Perfect Match. so scared of priests now.

didnt like mercy or tenth circle.

GREAT AUTHOR!!!!

bleu

HSC
she is fucking trash. bland popular fiction aimed at teenage girls. i read about 30pages of the tenth circle because i had to and i almost threw it in the bin. full of stupid cringe-worthy teen angst.
QFT :headbang:

I didn't make anywhere near 30 pages with Nineteen Minutes.....*shudders at memory*

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Reading Nineteen Minutes. Pretty good so far.

bleu

HSC
I guess its different for everyone, thousands can't worship her books for nothing - i've only read two of them so perhaps i should try the others.

Lauren_321

HSC
I have read nineteen minutes. It was amazing. I loved it soooooo much, and the differing perspectives were amazing. The end was sooooo unexpected.

I have also read My Sisters Keeper, Keeping Faith and Songs of the Humpback Whale, all of which I loved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)