Jodi Picoult (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I've read about eight of her novels, Vanishing Acts the first. I dunno, I thought she was really awesome at first but then I got desensitized to her writing... just how conventionally emotive and expressive it is.

White-Doggy

HSC
Guernica said:
I read My Sister's Keeper a while ago and just finished The Pact this morning.

Has anyone read any of her other books? I'm trying to decide which one to go for next.

Hey Ive read Perfect Match. I like that book, alot of psychology/science in there ^^ woot woot.

I only read half way of The Pact before dishing it onto the shelves =__=' found it abit boring....too much sexual stuff in nearly every chapter. BUT its so cute, their childhood. but hey did he really murder his gf? or what really happened??

HSC
White-Doggy said:
Hey Ive read Perfect Match. I like that book, alot of psychology/science in there ^^ woot woot.

I only read half way of The Pact before dishing it onto the shelves =__=' found it abit boring....too much sexual stuff in nearly every chapter. BUT its so cute, their childhood. but hey did he really murder his gf? or what really happened??
He did 'murder' her, it was one of those 'mercy killings'.

She wanted to die, but couldnt do it, and asked him to help her, because he loved her soooo much, he helped.He later regrets this since he is the one putting up with the crap ie gaol etc

that answer your question?

and i thought the book was pretty good:)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I've read about eight of her novels, Vanishing Acts the first. I dunno, I thought she was really awesome at first but then I got desensitized to her writing... just how conventionally emotive and expressive it is.
Yeah, all her books are pretty much the same give or take some scenarios esp the language and expression.

Having said that, My SIster's Keeper is one of my faves on my bookshelf. I can't stand the rest of the books that I've read of hers though (incl. Salem Falls, the one about the woman who lost her memory, vanishing act, perfect match and a few others incl The Pact. I really wanted to like The Pact but it was abit boring)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Perfect Match is alright. Beside MSK, that's the only one I would place in the "decent" catagory for Jodi Picoult.

princesskt

HSC
Cool, I'll see if I can get my hands on it. Hehe, I'll just read em all depsite what anyone says... I'm so bored these hols.. I need to read :D

miss-smexy

HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I've read My Sister's Keeper and I just finished The Pact (yesterday in fact :p). I loved them both, but My Sister's Keeper is one of the best books ever :)
I actually liked The Pact better than My Sister's Keeper. I wanna read Picture Perfect... or the title was something like that.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
I bought Second Glance on the weekend. Its pretty good. Ive only read a chapter. Theyre so long. Her books sound good though. I couldnt chose between them. I'll buy another one after i finsih this one

JesseRau

HSC
The Pact would have to be my favourite. I found it so depressing and pieces of the book seemed to hang around in my head for days. The fact that this one had such a profound emotional effect on me, and most others who read it is a sign of great writing I think.

I also loved My sister's Keeper. After a while though, once I had read a lot of Jodi Picoults books, she started to annoy me. I really didn't like The tenth circle (I thought the graphic novel parts were really weak) or Perfect match. (that is the one with the priests right?)..In those two books, the people who had committed horrible crimes were then killed by members of the original victim's family. Not only is it formulaic, but I think it is a cop -out for the writer and seems to try and justify murder.
In perfect match, even when the mother had killed the wrong person and committed a terrible,terrible crime..the family felt justified in killing someone else. It's like the characters in that book learnt nothing and Picoult seemed to think their actions were perfectly reasonable..

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
I've just started reading The Pact and so far so good!!

WhirledPeas

HSC
jodi picoult is amazing!
does anyone know where i can find her books online??
my school library is lacking in the good books department...

blacksunset

HSC
jodi picoult is like.. the best author in the whole world i love her
the pact is my favourite book of hers, and my favourite book of all time

picture perfect is alright to whoever wanted to read that.. but not as good as the pact, nineteen minutes or my sisters keeper

nineteen minutes is amazing..
the tenth circle is another must read
songs of the humpback whale is awesome aswell.. and harvesting the heart
i love her :)

bleu

HSC
NINETEEN MINUTES!!!!!!!!

Yep, i just have this feeling it'll be reaalllly good, one of her best.

Sister's Keeper is also very good, the idea of it....but yeah, i didn't like the ending either, i was pretty disapointed.

nick_pap

HSC
hey im thinking of reading 'nineteen minutes' by jodi piccoult because of all the shootings going on in the world and also because i wrote about one for my extension english creative...wondering if you can tell me whether i would like piccoult's books, seeing that im a guy...ive heard rave reviews about my sisters keeper??

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i agree with the other poster, she tends to annoy me and she seems to write cliches or soppy sentences at the end of every chapter of My Sisters Keeper. her ideas are good, its just the way that she expresses herself that pisses me off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)