Jobs and Salaries (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by enak
Considering there won't be many of those graduating from each uni, suppose you graduated in the top 20% of your candidature, that SHOULD guarantee you a solid offer from a company? I hope :D
Not necessarily. Some occupations have less demand in the job market so employers will be looking for the most competent employee, and if that means top 5% then.....yeah...ahaha :p I would nebver wish that upon anyone. :p

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
you gotta pay for your transcripts at UNSW :(
$20 for first 2
$5 for each additional one..
or was it $20 for the first one?
don't remember
but i'm assuming they'll give you one when u grad!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Survivor39
Sorry, I'm a first yearer...what's a transcript? Do I have one?? :confused:
Go to my.UNSW, and click on the Academic Transcript
- thats your unofficial academic transcript currently, (you dont have any grades or anything on it yet)

doe

HSC
N/A
a phd scholarship is $18k a year, after you finish youll probably end up doing research which is ~$70k a year or working for a university as a lecturer.

if you want band for your buck get a masters. employment is a big issue for phd's that dont have much oppourtunity in the commercial sector. a phd in 16th century french literature may be very intellectually stimulating, but theres a limited amount of work for these people even in universities.

i was thinking about doing a phd, but in the end im not a very academic person and the call to research isnt attractive enough for me to sacrifice my twenties earning $18k a year. your only young once :)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
just a note to civil engineers, if u want a job try local government not in sydney, grads will prob get 40k plus a car, eventually work way up to management, where u earn the bucks, packages of over 100k, cost of living less than sydney so its worth more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)