Job satisfaction (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
To be honest, i don't think money is such an incentive to some workers nowadays....is more like whether you feel you've acheived something at work and whether you were appreciated for the effort you've put in or not.

I work as a waiter and although the pay is decent, i don't really need the money for my expsenses...it's mainly just to train myself to be more confident to speaking the strangers...which i'm totally cool with now...that's something that you acheive from work...

While being appreciated is not only the boss complimenting or paying you...it's actually the nice customers who truely shows appreciation for you taking care of them that puts an even greater smile on your face...seriously...sometimes you rock up to work in a total shit mood...but then when someone who appreciates what you're doing comes in...it changes everything ^^

So i guess i enjoy work most of the time...and for those who hates their job...why put up with it...it's just gonna make your life even harder...

My ideal job is a job which sets objectives and deadlines and just asks me to acheive it....without much interference during the process....all i need is to give results....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
hk31 said:
I'm working at my current job cos of 'false advertising'. The job was called "marketing promotional work" and i applied for it thinking it was an office job.........but instead.....it turns out its NOT and i'm one of those dickhead that walk around the streets asking people to buy stuff!
What do you sell?? i'll buy it... ^^

MouNtY

_Bushra_ said:
i loved it for awhile...its been 14 months for me at big w and I HATE IT esp when you have gay customers

but im on registers it may be different if youre working in nightfill or recovery
yeah i'm on nightfill and i think that means i don't have to deal with customers....so i think that means i'm gonna have fun

hk31

HSC
SipSip said:
What do you sell?? i'll buy it... ^^
BWAHAHA

it varies....

sometimes i'm asking people to sign up for credit cards....sometimes i'm working for some charity....and the pay is purely commission so it's heaps crap!!

i'm hoping to get that telemarketer job!...then i'll be one of those people that ring up and annoy you during dinner

KeLL199

I only work during the summer, but i love my job. Pt.time Downhill Mountain Bike Instructor at RawNRG Thredbo. www.rawnrg.com.au
I ride and race the rest of the time, so instructing others and getting more people into the sport AND getting paid is a bonus :)
Typical day starts off with getting up at about 8, hop on the bike and ride 200m to Valley Terminal and the bikeshop, help unpack the shop and meet up with my group for instruction and help sort them out with hire body armour/hire bikes if needed. Run through how to load bikes on the chairlift, get everyone to the top of the hill and then do a section by section run-through of riding our downhill course, techniques etc. That goes for a couple of hours (a couple of runs down the course to get everyone used to it) and for the rest of the day i just circulate around, riding at my own pace with tools and firstaid kit in my pack, much like ski patrol except on my DH bike and in the summer :)
Oh and resort lifestyle... gotta love it, hehe

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
SipSip said:
To be honest, i don't think money is such an incentive to some workers nowadays....is more like whether you feel you've acheived something at work and whether you were appreciated for the effort you've put in or not.

I work as a waiter and although the pay is decent, i don't really need the money for my expsenses...it's mainly just to train myself to be more confident to speaking the strangers...which i'm totally cool with now...that's something that you acheive from work...

While being appreciated is not only the boss complimenting or paying you...it's actually the nice customers who truely shows appreciation for you taking care of them that puts an even greater smile on your face...seriously...sometimes you rock up to work in a total shit mood...but then when someone who appreciates what you're doing comes in...it changes everything ^^

So i guess i enjoy work most of the time...and for those who hates their job...why put up with it...it's just gonna make your life even harder...

My ideal job is a job which sets objectives and deadlines and just asks me to acheive it....without much interference during the process....all i need is to give results....
Yeah I agree, I work in customer service as well and there is a lot of satisfaction when you serve customers who are really nice and show their appreciation for what you're doing for them...the bad part is the shitty customers who don't give a shit about you, are really rude, or complain about stupid little things, or are really picky etc. etc. The most annoying is when customers come up and buy something then u tell them the price and they're like "that's so expensive, I can buy that for a lot cheaper at such and such store". It's like well why buy it in the first place u dipshit.

Anyway, apart from that, I like the customer service experience I have got and like you, I can now talk to strangers easily and I have become a lot less shy. Hence money is not the only reward for jobs.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
AND THE WORST PROBLEM!?!?!?!

i cant LEAVE im on a trainee ship

actually u can leave :) cause im just about to do it.... jus go up to em and say 'its affecting my school work, im no longer interested in having something to do with retail when i leave school andi cant take it on anymore.. hehe :)

and whooshka bye bye traineeship

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
but im on registers it may be different if youre working in nightfill or recovery

recovery sucks. i hate it. *bend, pick up clothes, pull hangers forward* yay 3 hours of fun filled cleaning

1800-gumby

HSC
im a kfc worker and i don't really mind the work sure its meanial as all hell but we've all turned it into a comptetion about the speed we can cook or clean. The amjority of people i work with are cool and the managers are all right.
The only thing that annoys me is that our head manager refuses to accnoledge when we do well in stuff. I managed to work a 12 hour shift with out any one to cover my brakes (we usually get 6 hrs of help from trainees and stuff so we can have a lunch and dinner brake) we also turned over $12 000 that day which is about the third highest for the year but the manager still refuse to admit that i can handle a normal day shift. Sure i can work weekend day shifts but not week day ones it makes no sense to me

helloyo

i really want to quit woolies now. i only had a 4 and a half our shift, but i was so bad. and it was a typical shift. get there, get chucked on a register, work for 5 hours (had to stay back, even though i said i couldn't!) and get a 15 min break. and i mean nonstop work, there was never not a customer. i need the money though, so as soon as i find another job i'm gone. i just give them 2 weeks notice right?

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
i've been working at coles since wednesday and i already dread going...it's constant non stop work and yesterday (saturday) was the worst! so busy was constant flow of customers! i used to work at a pretty bludgy job and now i know wot it feels like to actually have to work for ur money... don't know how long im gonna last being a check-out chick, its the worst.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
when they ask when more come in ... its usually a sunday so i just tell them the trucks come in late sunday night and there will be some the next day when i am not there LOL HAHAHAHA

but my job is half okay
the shifts are mostly good
on the other hand its very repetitive which makes me dread going to work
on the other hand the pay is very good

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Katie123 said:
when they ask when more come in ... its usually a sunday so i just tell them the trucks come in late sunday night and there will be some the next day when i am not there LOL HAHAHAHA

but my job is half okay
the shifts are mostly good
on the other hand its very repetitive which makes me dread going to work
on the other hand the pay is very good
the things employees do... and piss off the customers. i have got one too many employees who do things like that.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
1800-gumby said:
im a kfc worker and i don't really mind the work sure its meanial as all hell but we've all turned it into a comptetion about the speed we can cook or clean. The amjority of people i work with are cool and the managers are all right.
The only thing that annoys me is that our head manager refuses to accnoledge when we do well in stuff. I managed to work a 12 hour shift with out any one to cover my brakes (we usually get 6 hrs of help from trainees and stuff so we can have a lunch and dinner brake) we also turned over $12 000 that day which is about the third highest for the year but the manager still refuse to admit that i can handle a normal day shift. Sure i can work weekend day shifts but not week day ones it makes no sense to me

hmmmmmmmmm seems like your manager needs a refresher course on the how we work together principles... belief in people and recognition are 2 of them that your manager obviously doesn't use in every day situations... and i've seen what happens to staff when managers are like that - they either quit or make everyone else in a bad mood, lower morale, lower customer satisfaction, reduce profit... ok i'm sounding like a Yum (the company) nerd now... i will shut up
i know at times as a manager it is hard to recognise people as often as you are meant to, but when you do a $12K day i think that deserves a champs card

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
~GeNie~Na~BotL~ said:
I worked at a chemist for 2+ years … but quit about 3-4 months ago. … I got sick of it … it gets really boring dealing with medicine, middle-aged people and oldies!
hahah I know what you mean.
I worked at Chem-mart for a year in Year 10. Crappest pay ever, $4/hour. That didn't include the 3 hours every day I had to pedal my bike to deliver medicine. *shudder*. Occasionally I get a tip from the geezers, and get invited in for tea and a lecture on life.

Last edited:

x-y-z

HSC
Working in retail has made me appreciate a university education and having a career to look forward to twice as much. I'd hate to know that for the rest of my life I'd be working in retail. I feel sorry for the girls my age at work who are full timers. They say, "It's not too bad, one day I'll be department manager and make $18 an hour". Yeah never mind that $8 of that will be taken away in tax.

It's dull, you're on your feet all day, and even if you have 10 nice customers in a row, it's the one rude one (that nothing you could have done would have pleased them anyway) that will ruin your day.

On another note- Komaticom how old were you when you were getting paid $4 an hour? That can't be legal! I’m going to boycott Chem-mart from now on on your behalf.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
x-y-z said:
Working in retail has made me appreciate a university education and having a career to look forward to twice as much. I'd hate to know that for the rest of my life I'd be working in retail. I feel sorry for the girls my age at work who are full timers. They say, "It's not too bad, one day I'll be department manager and make $18 an hour". Yeah never mind that $8 of that will be taken away in tax.

It's dull, you're on your feet all day, and even if you have 10 nice customers in a row, it's the one rude one (that nothing you could have done would have pleased them anyway) that will ruin your day.

On another note- Komaticom how old were you when you were getting paid $4 an hour? That can't be legal! I’m going to boycott Chem-mart from now on on your behalf.
i think some of the people in retail have gone somewhere, especially the big managers. but i know what you mean, all us uni students won't get bored for at least another four or five years while we finish our degrees and get jobs, while they will have been in retail the whole time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)