Job satisfaction (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
How do you rate the work that you have now (for those who are working)?

Are you happy about it or you think it sux? if you don't like it, what's your ideal job?

^___ShabS___^

I worked at a chemist for 2+ years … but quit about 3-4 months ago. … I got sick of it … it gets really boring dealing with medicine, middle-aged people and oldies!

After HSC I want to work in a nice clothing store … something im interested in... or a jewellery store like micheal hill, prouds anything ...
...but I might change my mind about these ...
the staff should be friendly though...if they're racisists then im outta there!
cos some ladies from the chemist i used to work with were racist (i hated them)

Last edited by a moderator:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i absolutely hate the work that im doing now, my managers are arseholes, i have the most boring job in the world and i get nothing out of it. I like to leave work knowing i have actually done something....

....picking crap up off the floor and cleaning shelves doesnt exactly make me feel like i have achieved anything.

my ideal job? geez i dunno, something where i can work with alot of people, working in an area that i love, which is entertainment, id give anything to have a nice boss, someone who actually cares when im upset and stuff... *sighs* if only.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I never really wanted the job I have in the first place. I was just really desperate for work and this was the first one I was offered so I took it.

I work shitty hours, and the job itself is dull, mundane and repetitive. I feel like I've lowered myself to much less than what I'm capable of.

As soon as something better comes up, I'm out of there. But as it is, I need an income so I'm stuck there for now. I'd love to work in a cinema or a video or book shop.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i dont mind working at woolies.. though the customers suck and complain about the stupidest things (then fail to accept they are wrong until you take them to the place and shove the price in their face) but yeh the pay is alrite.. they give me good hours and arent fussed when i take time off (like still give me regular shifts once im available again) and the managers and co workers are heaps nice

^___^
HSC
i like my job atm (coles nighfill)

cept sometimes i work till 1am and i get back home, take a shower, eat something..then start studying at around 2am? and have uni the next day

but i'm getting used to it

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I like my current job. The pay is decent, the majority of people are really nice, and we have good staff parties. It's kinda different and it's a once in a lifetime kind of job that I know I will look back on with fond memories. The work itself is fairly mundane and sometimes the managers can be a pain but other than that it's good.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
0 out of 100 for my job. Ive grown very bitter towards the manager (we have new managers every 3 months and each like to throw their weight around and completely change everything)

Its a boring job (night fill ) and somehow they have made a simple job complicated. im really outraged at how we are treated. I would leave in a heartbeat if I was offered a better job ... or found out i have a long long relative who is actually the king of Genovia and needs me to take over... :rolleyes: (Hmm i been watching too much telly)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
i dont mind my work.. but it does get borin n crap.. managers are nice tho.. n fellow employees are cool.. *shrugs*

my work is tryna take over my life though.. its kinda scary when you spend more time awake at work than at home ,.... or uni :S

scruffy012

HSC
my job is a checkout chick/laser lad what ever you call it.... it gives me no job satifisation, as all you say repeatedly is "hi how are you??" and "thanks, have a nice day" the customers dont give a rats ass about you, with their main concern being if you get the groceries in the right bag.

but my ideal job, is being an forensic scientist, (i wanted to be one before CSI was though of) or an archaelogist, or an industrail chemist. they are jobs hat make you think and can excite you when you get your job right, (esp, the archaelogist, if you find an ancient site etc)

yeah thats mty spleal

scruffy

MouNtY

scruffy012 said:
but my ideal job, is being an forensic scientist, (i wanted to be one before CSI was though of) or an archaelogist, or an industrail chemist. they are jobs hat make you think and can excite you when you get your job right, (esp, the archaelogist, if you find an ancient site etc)

yeah thats mty spleal

scruffy
whoa your ideal jobs are exactly the same as mine....thats freaky....i just got my job andi my inductions next week, but my friends work in the same position that i got so it should be a lot of fun and the guy that will be supervising shifts is really cool and is heaps funny....so i'm sure it'll be great

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
i used to absolutely LOVE Working...now i hate it esp when i go to all the trouble of acting happy and smiling with an exuberant "hi how are you today" and the customer ignores me but whats esp scary is when older men are like " hey good looking" and the guys who stare at me...*shudders*

there are also the customers who are like " look there is a scratch you can barely see on this shoe can i have it for half price?" and other customers who get served and DO NOT MOVE so i cant serve the next customer...so many problems

AND THE WORST PROBLEM!?!?!?!

i cant LEAVE im on a trainee ship

Carlito

HSC
I dont mind it except when we have stupid customers who ask really stupid questions, or when I get stuck on registers.

All the managers are pretty nice except for one woman who snaps at everyone for no reason, but no one takes any notice of her anymore so its all good.

nerd2die4

HSC
I hate my job. i pick clothes up of the floor and I have to sort them, size them and fingerspace them. sometimes the managers chech the spacing of the coathangers and get angry at you if it doesnt fit one finger space. its pretty boring, and customers expect you to knwo everything about the stock 'excuse me when are you getting more in' 'can you call another store and see if they have my size', 'this is too expensive, why is it expensive'.

arggh i hate my job.

MouNtY

lol hahah why does everyone hate working at big w....i'm gonna work there soon.....is it really that bad?

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
lol hahah why does everyone hate working at big w....i'm gonna work there soon.....is it really that bad?

i loved it for awhile...its been 14 months for me at big w and I HATE IT esp when you have gay customers

but im on registers it may be different if youre working in nightfill or recovery

hk31

HSC
I'm working at my current job cos of 'false advertising'. The job was called "marketing promotional work" and i applied for it thinking it was an office job.........but instead.....it turns out its NOT and i'm one of those dickhead that walk around the streets asking people to buy stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)