Jay Jays group interview (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
What should I wear to one of those? Formal stuff or casual clothes that reflect my personality? And if anyone has been to one before, could you tell me what to expect? Thanks!

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Thanks for your advice! I'm just a teeny bit scared about the group interview, I've heard too many horrible stories about over-dominant bitches who don't let you have a chance to speak...:rolleyes:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
For a retail job I'd say dress casual too =] It seems appropriate because like FTHRW8 said, it's what you'll be wearing on the job- so it's important to see if you look "right". *shrugs* That's just my view- I'm not really that knowledgable on chick-jobs so I'm just guessing this~

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Yeah I think casual streetwear would be good. Although, Sanity asked us to wear formal clothes to the interview, so I wasn't sure if Jay Jays would expect the same.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
What should I wear to one of those? Formal stuff or casual clothes that reflect my personality? And if anyone has been to one before, could you tell me what to expect? Thanks!
Bah! go casual...its you! your not trying to be something your not.
If you do go overdressed/underdressed....make a joke out of it
"They made me wear this" or something...

meLoncoLLie said:
Although, Sanity asked us to wear formal clothes to the interview, so I wasn't sure if Jay Jays would expect the same.
when I had an interview with Sanity last year I just wore what i usually wear (ie tshirt, jeans and sneakers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't they usually specify the kind of wear? If they don't- there's no harm asking them on the phone.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Hmm I could ask the manager on the phone, just have to make sure I don't let him know it's me :p But I've decided to go with casual clothes anyway.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Okay I just came back from the interview. I'm pretty confused.
The two interviewers (a guy who's the manager, and an obese kiwi girl) appeared to dislike me a lot. I thought I was reasonably personable and well dressed (skinny jeans, nice singlet, flat shoes), but during the interview they weren't exactly nice to me. This stoned-looking Asian guy said, 'Well, I'm a uni student, so I'm poor" The kiwi girl actually giggled and said, "Oh he's got a sense of humour!" :rolleyes:
When I bade the guy goodbye with a wide smile and calling him by his name, he answered back with the most careless tone and looked away.

Oh well. I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
In their defence, they do this for weeks on end with the same sorta people everytime.

But in yours...they sound like bastards :)

dw about it...any word on when/if you get the job?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)