Japanese Studies (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
kaitoufion said:
Oh but I would also like to know what's the difference between a seminar and a tutorial?? Coz now when we choose those seminars & tutorials to fill up the rest of those Contact Hours, we can also choose whether we want to attend seminars or tutorials~ So for Japanese, its Contact Hours per week is 6. A lecture = 1 hour; self study = 1 hour; seminars/tutorials = 4 hours.

So do we choose 1 seminar + 1 tutorial to make up those 4 hours?? Or are we allowed to choose 2 seminars with no tutorials, or 2 tutorials with no seminars??
yeah, so it SAYS 6 hrs, but it's technically 5 cos self study is 1 hr gone

you HAVE to go to 1 tutorial AND 1 seminar, PLUS the 1 hr lecture. so you MUST choose one of each, and you must go to all of them. 80% attendance for the semester is necessary to pass the subject.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
level 1 = first yr

e.g. japn1a,1b or japn2a,2b

they're language cores and almost a prerequisite for everything else

in first yr we cant do any of those kool electives like "japn 3602 Gender and sexuality in contemporary japan" coz that's only for yr 3 but i heard that you can sometimes do 3rd yr subjects in 2nd yr, as well as 2nd yr subjects in 3rd yr.

kaitoufion

HSC
I will be doing first level Japanese as well ^_^ (starting from Japanese 1A)
Coz I didn't do any Japanese at school during high school~
But then I won't be able to do Japanese 4A 4B, 5A 5B & 6A 6B unless I study an extra year :'(

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
oh you can
just skip the levels one by one with D average =)
awww kaitoufion, i wont b seeing u in jap, coz i've already done jap ext at school. well, that leaves 2 more units to bump into each other!

i'd like to do every single class available. like every! but not allowed =(

kaitoufion

HSC
oh that's too bad :'(
but don't worry~ ^_^
I think we will at least bump into each other at least ONE class from the other 2 subjects~
Hehehehe~~~~~
Oh yeah~ so if I haven't done any Japanese before, do I still need to go to the Placement Test???

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
but what if i did japanese cont. and ext for my hsc? what course do i enrol in? or do i have to wait until we do that placement test before i enrol?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You have to wait and do the test, but for now I suggest you enrol in JAPN1000, you can always change it - you have plenty of time. You'll probably end up in JAPN2000 though, which is 2nd level, and what I'm doing... my friends did ext and they did 2000 last year.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ah ok, thanks babydoll...
how about tutorials? where do i go to work out times for them? or do i have to wait until after the placement test as well?

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
mushroom_head said:
ah ok, thanks babydoll...
how about tutorials? where do i go to work out times for them? or do i have to wait until after the placement test as well?
u work out ur proper times after the placement test right? coz only afterwards, would u know which level u'll be at.. hence what times YOUR classes are on...

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
kaitoufion said:
oh that's too bad :'(
but don't worry~ ^_^
I think we will at least bump into each other at least ONE class from the other 2 subjects~
Hehehehe~~~~~
Oh yeah~ so if I haven't done any Japanese before, do I still need to go to the Placement Test???
placement test is only for those who've done japanese before. since u have no knowledge, u'll start from scratch in japn1000.

~JiNnIE~

HSC
sorry to butt in.
anyone know how much you would need to pay for Bachelor of Arts for first semester? (HECs-help discount...)
what about a double degree? for eg BA/Bed?
Anyone know?
im bloody lost.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
~JiNnIE~ said:
sorry to butt in.
anyone know how much you would need to pay for Bachelor of Arts for first semester? (HECs-help discount...)
what about a double degree? for eg BA/Bed?
Anyone know?
im bloody lost.

LOL!!

EXACTLY THE SAME PROB AS ME AND SAME COURSE HEH :D

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
i'm doing B com/B art and I have already selected all my first year commerce courses and my whole timetable is filled as B com have 36 compulsary credit points in the first year which leaves only 12 free. That I have already alloacted to finance majors.

So when do i exactly start my B arts degree since i want to major in japaness.

Also I have no Jap skills at all...only watched piles of animes :p do i still need to take tat placement test ?

Last edited:

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
I'm like you, starting the language from scratch, so no we don't do the test. I'm doing plain Commerce though, not comm/arts.

I've enrolled in the 6 core commerce courses, and for the 12 remaining UOC I'm going to do Japanese 1A & 1B. I think in 2nd year you get to 'officially' declare your major(s), so until then just work your way through the prerequisites, i guess..

Not sure though, cos i wanna double major with Finance, but i'm not doing any Finance courses this year...

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Teleph said:
i'm doing B com/B art and I have already selected all my first year commerce courses and my whole timetable is filled as B com have 36 compulsary credit points in the first year which leaves only 12 free. That I have already alloacted to finance majors.

So when do i exactly start my B arts degree since i want to major in japaness.

Also I have no Jap skills at all...only watched piles of animes :p do i still need to take tat placement test ?
i'm doing com/arts too. According to that little booklet i got, it says that in first year we have to do the 6 core commerce courses and as for the other 12 credit points we do level one arts courses. So i don't think you can do your finance major in first year.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mmm just wondering with the seminars and tutes, do we have to enrol anywhere before they start? coz i was thinking if i just turn up to one, what if it's packed :|

and also the jap1000 monday 11-12 lecture is full, i think... but can i still turn up to that, instead of the 5-6 lecture? :p

oh... and is there a way to change your timetable? :|

(thanks nancy in advance <3)

kaitoufion

HSC
bubz :D said:
mmm just wondering with the seminars and tutes, do we have to enrol anywhere before they start? coz i was thinking if i just turn up to one, what if it's packed :|

and also the jap1000 monday 11-12 lecture is full, i think... but can i still turn up to that, instead of the 5-6 lecture? :p

oh... and is there a way to change your timetable? :|

(thanks nancy in advance <3)
For the sem & tut, you don't enrol into any of them until the 1st week of Uni.

If the Jap1000 Monday 11-12 lecture is full, you can have a look at the one that is not full yet~ Coz I think the other lecture still has some spaces available for people to enrol in. Or if you really want the 11-12 one, you can keep your eye on the list to see if anyone drops out of it. Once people drop out of it, you can enrol into it :)

For your timetable, the only way to change it is to alter the times of your lectures, tut & sem. Therefore you can change them to another time, but that's only if there are spaces left in other lectures/tut/sem~ :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)