Jap cont. (1 Viewer)

garry

N........O............
cat dictionary? i heard it was something like that but its weird i didn't mention that...............
this question sux

garry

what's the first question in listening about? what did she say about the air? i think i lost 1 mark there

Gemstone

Oh thanks for explaining that cat dictionary question. I think I did really badly as I don't do extention. I didn't know that Kanji wind or whatever youy guys said. I thought it wasn't in the syllabus because before the exam I'd gone through and made sure I knew all the syllabus kanji. So I thought that was a bit unfair. A lot of people have said that it was more aimed at the extention people, which I don't think is very fair as it's still the 2 unit paper. I guess there's not much we can do about it now though.

Gemma

Last edited:

F_W01

I don't know abput that cat dictionary, but it ws a pretty mean paper with heps of higher order thinking and non-syllabus kanji. I thogth they were supposed to have some questions focussed so even band 2 students could get it right, where were those ones?

rebooki

HSC
N/A
I don't do extension and it was the hardest paper i've ever done...
How is it far that we get giving Kanji that we don't even know?! What exactly is that testing....the fact that extension people know more than 2 unit do.... WELL CLEARLY I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT BEFORE DOING THE TEST!!
It's massively stupid...
We have a Japanese student teacher at our school and some of the stuff she didn't even quite understand... which is saying a lot

Groagy

HSC
garry said:
what's the first question in listening about? what did she say about the air? i think i lost 1 mark there
If memory serves me correct, I think she was asking the guy if he would come to the Blue Mountains with with her friend who was coming from Japan next week.

I was quite surprised at how much of the listening I was able to understand. Though I did end up laughing in the cat dictionary section and so missed a lot of it. I'd been dreading listening before the exam but it ended being the writing section that could screw me the most. I ran out of time a bit and had to really rush them. Not sure if I wrote enough or if it makes sense.

And that first reading script. The part about Uluru and the wind and the view from the top was so similar to a slab of sentences that I memorised and used in the speaking exam. I couldn't believe it.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
man... ur lucky.. the listening was soooo bloody fast!! usually they spoke at a steady tempo.. but omgsh!! they were like aiuawfwafown-ing!!

but the writing tasks were easy so im happy :)

k_i_mm_i

HSC
garry said:

Yeah i didnt get that either - I kinda guessed that question too
Did it have to do with like...the air is hot and polluted so it's better if kids dont play outside?!??!!

can someone clarify this - so annoying :vcross:

garry

moon_styla said:
man... ur lucky.. the listening was soooo bloody fast!! usually they spoke at a steady tempo.. but omgsh!! they were like aiuawfwafown-ing!!

but the writing tasks were easy so im happy :)
well i think the speed is alright, better than last year. some of them are slower than usual. but really don't like their questions especially the ones in reading responding. more like a english question than Japanese.

garry

Can anyone tell me how they answer the last question in the reading part? the one ask you to comment on the article and how effective it is. i wrote a lot but have no idea how to get 6 marks.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
which question was that?
i think i did it in an english essay style... i had "rhetorical questions to involve the reader directly" but hey, it was only a day after english, my english-mode was switched on! i couldn't help it!!! :(

amime

garry said:
Can anyone tell me how they answer the last question in the reading part? the one ask you to comment on the article and how effective it is. i wrote a lot but have no idea how to get 6 marks.
i wrote about the author made comparison between japan and other countries...first he/she talked about the suitation in japan then he/she compared it with overseas and translated that whole paragraph about instead of plastic bags, they bring their own...then i talked about how the author is very hopeless because he/she doesn't know how the japanese could improve on their suitation as they wanna maintain their traditions at the same time!! basically i just translated the whole paragraph and added a few words like *comparing*

but i do reckon generally the paper was hard....especially i hate the writing tasks...i fink i mixed up all my tenses...>< this paper seems the hardest compared with past papers! Have anyone heard about wat other ppl say about this paper? was it hard or not?!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i'm sooo deadddd!!!!!!!!...no more band 6 for me! >.< i just wanted to cry after the exam cuz it was so bloody hard!
listening was way too fast and not enough time in between questions for you to write.
Reading was just weird, but i guess it was ok
Writing was easy i think... well i hope anyway.

Groagy

HSC
k_i_mm_i said:
Yeah i didnt get that either - I kinda guessed that question too
Did it have to do with like...the air is hot and polluted so it's better if kids dont play outside?!??!!

can someone clarify this - so annoying :vcross:
I don't think that was the first question. I think it was about question three or four which was the weather report that said it's better if kids don't play outside. I got the part about the maximum temperature beeing 29 degrees and the weather being hot, but I must have missed the air pollution.

Gemstone

Well I think I'm stuffed in Japanese. It sounds like listening I didn't get anything right except maybe the first question. What's the word for air pollution? Is that even on our list? We don't do enviroment that's 3 unit. Hmm, I have the list of perscribed vocabulary somewhere. I'll have to check.

Gemma

garry

Groagy said:
I don't think that was the first question. I think it was about question three or four which was the weather report that said it's better if kids don't play outside. I got the part about the maximum temperature beeing 29 degrees and the weather being hot, but I must have missed the air pollution.
that was first question and not sure if the word is polluted because i heard it was like "kuki ga (naraeru?) something"

HSC
I loved this jap exam. It totally rocked. The listening was really awesome, spec after our trial which was muzukashisugimasu. Cant wait to get results back!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
for that temperature question, at first i heard "kuki ga yoboreteru" so i checked that up in the dictionary and that word "yoboreteru" didn't exist.
so then i checked up "noboreteru" and it said to rise, so i thought that they must have said the temperature will rise and were advising kids not to play outside. hope it's right..

garry

"noboreteru"? ah......................
yoku kikoenakatta......................
nante kantan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)