Jap cont. (1 Viewer)

poijse

HSC
N/A
WAaaa!!! muzukashkata ne!!!!!!

i thoguth was fair difficult, esp the random stuff on the cat dictionary and the history of paper in japan........

everything else was kinda alright but still harder then the benchmark set last year!!

how you guys find it?
how much u guys write?! and which questions u choose?
i did like,
12) ~320
13a ) ~280
14a) ~310

FlyinTyger

HSC
i thought it was a pretty simple/straightforward exam
listening and reading were easier than i expected :)

nothing in it i wasnt expecting

12) ~450
13a) ~320
14a) ~315

k_i_mm_i

HSC
jap cont exam today

I thought it was hard! Much harder than expected. If I didnt do extension I think I would have died. Listening was crazy, the questions were so english-like.
However everything was managable even though I barely had any time left (usually I have 30 mins left or more)
what do u guys think?

FlyinTyger

HSC
yea
times constraints were annoying :( i was rushed for time when i usually have at least 15 mins left over
but overall i thought it was simpler than the ones we did at school normally so comparatively was ok for me

birdsrevil

omg! That cat one was sooooo wierd! And they talked faster than like last yrs tapes, omg and the short gaps! I swaer they were less than thirty seconds, but then listening is my worst...anyways omg i liked the written response questions, they were interesting. Omg the questions! Theyre slowly turning Jap papers into an english exam.
12) ~420
13b)~320
14b)~310

bullz74

HSC
agrees, the cat one gave me a good laugh......
but overall its still a good paper

will they possibly take marks off you for writing over the limit though? cause i went over by quite some margin in question 12 and 14. my teacher as a hsc marker herself said that they won't, but i still have concerns about this.....

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I've heard that thing about the questions being so similar to English before. They really want extended responses like in English nowadays, rather than the usual "A wa B desu" you got in the past.

I hope everyone did (and does) well. :)

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
hmmmmm.......yeh i thought that was kinda hard but i rekon more so for me coz i had bout 2.5 hrs to study b4 it today coz i had dt in tha morn.....that suked! that cat listening question ,made me laugh too....i had my hand stuffed in my mouth trying not to laugh out load and get in shit lol. i have no idea how much i wrote and the same thing goes for time. in the trial i had about half an hour left doing nothing - here i finished just in time. and yeh! wat was with the english like responses they asked for?? "do you think they expressed their opinions effevtively" or sum shit like that - how is that japanese?? well im ranting and i should stop so im gunna continue cramming for english tomoz while im still actually awake.....

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
lol, same, the cat one was absurd, when i finally understood what he was talking about :D

does content count more than structures in your writing parts?

poijse

HSC
N/A
lol

yea i was talking to my friend about it, it was such an english exam, the end of the listning and reading responding really wasn't testing you on your ability to comprehend the passages...so was unusual.
the writting was alright though, as it always is, but not as many options to show off cool grammer like you ni temeni tari tari kaomoshirenai stuff.....found it a little constricting, mnaybe i was jsut stressed .....

k_i_mm_i

HSC
manly body

I thought that the guy in the listening part who wanted to have a masculine body and worked out everyday with machines for 4 hours by himself :cool: was funny!~ I usually cant contain myself, luckily I could yesterday. I remmeber in jr years getting marks taken off for laughing while doing creative writings

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Lexicographer said:
Did any of you steal the paper (like I ALMOST did last year) to post online? I'd like to see it. :)
sorry, it was kinda attached to the answer booklet if memory serves me correctly...:p

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
omi, i really stuffed up on the creative writing part!
usually i have a story line, but i was more focused on the structures instead of content!
which weighs more?

FlyinTyger

HSC
ive got it i might scan it up later if i can be bothered walking all the way to teh scanner :)

FlyinTyger

HSC
here ya go

NB
the reading section doesnt have questions only the texts because the questions were on the sheet i handed up and i cant remember them

/me has a short term memory

blah
cant upload it says something about file not having any content =\

find it here: http://flyintyger.hollosite.com/Jap continuers HSC 2004.pdf

NB: is 1.63 mb

maybe an admin or mod can upload it for me cos i dont wanna waste too much bandwidth on my webspace :)

Last edited:

Gemstone

Wow I thought this exam was a lot harder than they've been in the past. It was so English like and what was with all the high order thinking questions like evaluate.

My listening skills are crap and I feel really stupid to ask but can someone tell me what the cat dictionary bit was about. I got out a whole lot of random stuff but I didn't get dictionary so I thought it was really weird. Can someone explain it. Did anyone think that listen tape was really fast.

Anyway I found it really hard but I think I still did okay.

Gemma

k_i_mm_i

HSC
cat dictionary

The cat dictionary, if my memory serves me right, is about:

Would you like your cat to be smarter?
What does your cat do when you come home? Does it say "Welcome home" Would you like to know what they are thinking. We are trying to make a new cat dictionary. Maybe one day your cat will be the next Shakespeare and we will all understand that cats are in fact smarter than dogs. If you would like to help us in this quest to make a cat dictionary, please take a video of your cat's lifestyle for a month. If we succeed, we will award you with 50 000 yen. Please give us a call at something something.....

Welll....something along the lines of that anyway...I cant really remember what the wierdo said on the tape. Hm.....mauybe i can get a job doing that sometime in the future

SMAP

okay i thought that the test was really hard! and how stupid was the reading questions! they were all 3-4 mark questions with only one 1 mark multiple choice.
the stupid Kanji of kase (wind) isnt even in our syllabus and they expect us to know things like that!
also the Read and responding part B the english wasnt grammatically correct "students of japanese" i was like wat the hell???? and then the 6 mark question of why you couldnt make it 2 pick up ur host is stupid! so then most ppl talked about question b) about there birthdays and stuff.

i found it hard and yeh if i didnt do Extenstion i wouldnt have had a clue what to have written for the listening because of all the vocab etc

i wrote heaps R+R 500ji
12) b) 500ji
and 13) ) 600ji cos i realised i didnt answer the stupid questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)