Jamie Oliver's Eat to Save Your Life (1 Viewer)

HSC
bawd said:
It's on 9.30pm tonight, channel 10. Who's going to watch it (or who has watched it, since it aired in the UK January this year)? Personally, I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, so I can't wait.

Here's a little synopsis from UK's Channel 4: http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites/J/jamie_eat/
I doubt I'll watch it. I think it's a really good initiative by Jamie Oliver, and I think he's pretty awesome as well.

bawd

HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
I doubt I'll watch it. I think it's a really good initiative by Jamie Oliver, and I think he's pretty awesome as well.
Yeah, I don't get why it has to be on so late, though. Just 8.30pm would have been fine. I've seen Gunther's live autopsies, and they aren't as gut-wrenching as you'd think.

HSC
bawd said:
Yeah, I don't get why it has to be on so late, though. Just 8.30pm would have been fine. I've seen Gunther's live autopsies, and they aren't as gut-wrenching as you'd think.
Is Gunther that German freak on SBS/ABC?

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
Is Gunther that German freak on SBS/ABC?
Yeah, the one who always wears a bowler-like hat thingie when he's doing the autopsies. Jamie Oliver gets him to cut up a body to show the effects of a lifetime of junk food.

HSC
bawd said:
Yeah, the one who always wears a bowler-like hat thingie when he's doing the autopsies. Jamie Oliver gets him to cut up a body to show the effects of a lifetime of junk food.
Oh really? That sounds pretty interesting.

What time is it going to be on? Oh, and what channel?

bawd

HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
Oh really? That sounds pretty interesting.

What time is it going to be on? Oh, and what channel?
As Post #1.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I'll watch any Jamie Oliver show.

bawd

HSC
Aplus said:
I'll watch any Jamie Oliver show.
Me too.

'Eat to Save Your Life' takes on an entirely different manner to get people to eat healthily, and as humanely as possible, delivered in the vernacular of Jamie Oliver. :) Using dead bodies to show the effects of junk food consumption is much more effective than attempting to get 12 year old kids to eat Chicken curry with garden vegetables, IMO (Jamie's School Dinners).

Last edited:
HSC
IMO, the show was terrible. I didn't like it one bit, so I switched over to Prison Break.

L

lsam

Explosions Hurt said:
IMO, the show was terrible. I didn't like it one bit, so I switched over to Prison Break.
lol

jamie oliver should just stick to cooking rather than lecturing about how to eat, lol

bawd

HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
You missed the end where they cut up the 25 stone corpse. But yeah, the show wasn't extremely compelling stuff.

Sample of next week's episode (23/07/08) of Eat to Save Your Life: The Truth about Chickens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20W_R-wWFA8 WARNING: Animal activists and the like, do not watch!

Last edited:
HSC
bawd said:
You missed the end where they cut up the 25 stone corpse. But yeah, the show wasn't extremely compelling stuff.

Sample of next week's episode (23/07/08) of Eat to Save Your Life: The Truth about Chickens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20W_R-wWFA8 WARNING: Animal activists and the like, do not watch!
WHAT?!?! It's going to be on AGAIN?

Channel 10, please, axe this show. It's horrible (not in a good way).

bawd

HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
WHAT?!?! It's going to be on AGAIN?

Channel 10, please, axe this show. It's horrible (not in a good way).
Don't think it's from the same series. This time he's exposing the cruelty behind the chicken and egg business. But it'll probably be a similar concept.

I expected it to be much more like, shocking. So I was disappointed a little. :rolleyes:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
There was nothing special about the dissection of the 25 stone corpse, and by the end of the show, there was nothing that I didn't know that I learnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)